XXIX

I felt a warm blissfulness sliding over my body like a slow wave and my eyes fluttered open, locking on brown eyes that hovered over my body. I took a moment to stare only into the beautiful hues before my eyes refocused and took in the entire view of Liam hovering over me, a smile etched over his features. A low breath escaped his lips and moved forward, mouthing along my jaw line. My eyes fell back closed and I hummed happily, letting my arms wrap around him comfortingly. He whispered something into my ear but I didn’t catch it before he nipped at the skin between my neck and chin and I hissed.

            “Zayn?” Liam whispered again. I let out another hum and opened my eyes to stare at him, “I asked you if you were feeling better than yesterday,”
            “Oh, yes,” I said happily. Liam pulled me up to sit and kissed me on the lips with a smile.

“I feel a lot better, thanks,”

            And then I saw the butterfly bandage on Liam’s head, in small strips, holding his skin together and showing a little blood under it, not to mention there were multiple bruises all over his face and arms, one especially large disappearing underneath his collar bone that made my eyes widen.

            “Liam,” I gasped, reaching forward and tracing my finger over one of the white strips that littered his face. He only gave me a small smile gently grabbed my hand, entwining our fingers and sighing as he pushed our hands to his chest, right against his heart. I bit my lip at the feeling of his heart beating against my fingers and then looked him in the eye, “What did he do to you?”

            “He looks worse,” Liam assured me, his voice a quiet whisper, “That douche bag literally thought that he was going to break us apart,”

            “I know,” I muttered, “Sorry,”

            Liam laughed, his eyes glowing as he nuzzled his nose against mine, “Why on earth would you be sorry? Zayn Malik, you are a very silly boy sometimes. I’m not upset with you at all. You are everything to me. Now, Max, yeah, I was pissed with him,” I nodded mutely and kissed him again. “C’mon, let’s go have a nice Sunday morning breakfast,”

            We walked hand in hand down to the kitchen. Louis and Harry were already at the table, eating with each other, Louis sitting on Harry lap and telling a story through a mouthful of cereal. Harry didn’t seem to mind though, he only stared at Louis with adoration and gave a small mummer of agreement when it was needed. I smiled at them as I felt Liam’s thumb trace the veins on the back of my hand.

            “Morning boys,” Liam said, grabbing some food from the fridge and beginning to cook. I wasn’t sure what he was making, but I knew it would be great, and I sat with Harry and Louis.

            “Hi daddy,” Harry laughed.

            “That’s creepy,” I said.

            “Oh, it’s okay daddy number two,” Harry giggled, trying to tickle my sides. I grunted and pulled away with a laugh.

            “Never, ever, call me that again,” I said, “And stick with calling Liam by his real name,”   “Why? Is that what you call Liam in bed? Do you have a daddy kink Zayn?” Louis blurted out. Both Harry and Louis broke into a terrible laughter that sent a annoying blush to my cheeks.

            “No, he doesn’t call me that,” Liam mumbled from the stove, “But he might soon, I think that’d be nice,” Now I was blushing like crazy, because how could they all just be so relaxed and content with talking about such things at the breakfast table? “It’s okay Zayn,” Liam said, suddenly behind me. His arms wrapped around me and set a nice breakfast in front of me. Pancakes and bacon and how had I not smelled this before? It looked amazing. He sat beside me with his own plate and grabbed a fork, “Dig in,”