VIII

The next day Louis picked me up in the morning. It was nice, driving with him again. So much more relaxed than I felt with Liam. I mean, it’s not that I’m uncomfortable around Liam, I’m just so eager to please him that I’m never quite relaxed in his presence.

            “How was your night last night?” I asked, “Did you drive Harry home?”

            Louis blushed and nodded, “It was great. I drove him home and then he insisted I come inside. His parents weren’t home and we just lay on the couch together watching films.”

            “That sounds great, Lou,” I smiled, “You aren’t going to…you know, go all the way with him so soon, are you?”

            Louis shrugged, “I don’t know,”

            “Well I think you should wait until you know that things are serious,” I said, “I’m just trying to look out for you,”

            Louis nodded, “Thanks Zee, I know.”

~

            “You never gave me the school paper,” Liam said as I walked into his class for English early, “I need to read your submission,”

            “Oh, uh, sure Li—I uh, Mr. Payne,” I mumbled. I can’t believe that I almost called him Liam in school, when other students were filing into the class behind me. Mr. Payne shot me a look that screamed, ‘watch it, Zayn’. “I’ll bring you a copy during my study hall,”

            “That’s great,” He smiled.

            I shakily took my seat beside Louis and drop my head to the desk.

            “What wrong?” He chuckled.

            I didn’t answer, I only hit my head on the desk again.

            The day pushed on and finally it was time to confront Liam about the paper. My heart pounded in my chest as I walked into the room, paper in my trembling hands.

            “Let me see,” Liam smiled, grabbing the paper as soon as I was over by him. He flipped through it, scanning for my piece and when he found it his eyes lit up. I bit my lip and tried desperately to hide my face. “Ah, here it is,”

            Waiting for him to read my damn submission was like waiting for someone determining whether I live or die and my heart was pounding and I felt like falling over. It was embarrassing. I had written about his eyes and how much they touch me and make me feel whole. God, I was an idiot.

            “Zayn,” Liam said when he had finished. I stayed where I was, staring at my feet, “Zayn, look at me,” Timidly, I looked up at him. “That was beautiful,” I choked a little on air and grabbed my stomach. “Come here,” I walked slowly towards him, and he grabbed me, pulling me down onto his lap. “Why were you so upset about showing me this? Why were you so worried?”

            “I…I don’t know. I thought you wouldn’t like it,” I mumbled. Liam smiled and pressed a kiss to the back of my neck, starting to suck there lightly, surely making a small mark. But soon, that small mark was probably a dark bruise as he continued to nip and suck at my skin.

            “I loved it,” He grinned, “A+”

            Suddenly there was a knock on Mr. Payne’s door and we both froze.