Chapter 12

[Lucca]

Mine

Mine

Mine

The stupid word kept ringing in my ears. A thick fog crowded my brain and all I could see was red--bright red. The type of red that made me hunger for something, but I couldn't fully grasp what I was searching for.

At first, I had that nightmare that same nightmare I've been having every night were dad is alive, telling me to hand over the pack back to him. Then the high Alpha and the stubborn older members would take everything from me. The ground would slip off from under me taking me to my own personal hell. 

"Lucca!" 

Someone yelled and then my wolf raged. I allowed him to take over. I was at complete turmoil from my nightmare that I didn't want to deal with anything around me. My wolf took this as a chance to break free. 

Mine

I heard myself growl and the fog slowly disappeared. The first thing I noticed was may mate, her beautiful eyes were staring wildly at me and I wondered why. Her lips were moving as if telling me something, but I couldn't hear. It was hard for me to believe that this woman was mine.

I must still be dreaming.

Her face drew closer to me, or I was drawing closer to her. I felt a tingle of desire as my lips dragged across the base of her throat. I didn't know what was happening, but at this moment made me want to forget my problems and live in the moment.

That would be where I mark her, I thought while looking at the soft surface of her throat.

On the surface of my subconscious, I hated her for being here. I hated that we meet on unlikely terms. I never thought about ever finding my mate, because I had always gotten whatever girl I wanted in the past. Having her, my mate, my future, right next to me lying on my bed made me realize how much hope I had for a brighter future. The type of future most couples in my pack has, love, a family with pups and happiness.

My wolf must be sending me these images to make me see common sense. 

As if pleased by my revelation, my wolf broke the mute silence. I heard gasping, my eyes opened and my teeth unclasped from something. That something was whimpering, almost crying. I rolled to my side still a little confused from sleep.

"What the...?" I muttered, shaking my head. 

I looked to my side and saw Selene staring at up at the ceiling in horror, before something cracked disturbingly. Her back arched and a loud scream came out of her lips. My hands automatically covered both my ears and I winced at the piercing sound. It sounded like she was dying and I freaked out!

What was wrong with her?

I got off of the bed and quickly turned on one of the side lamp. Then I saw it. Blood was seeping out from her shoulder, her face drained of color and I immediately knew what had happened. 

It wasn't a dream!

I had bitten her.

"Mom!" I screamed outside my door. My voice was loud enough to wake up anyone sleeping within a mile perimeter. 

I rushed back to the bed. Selene thrashed and her hands grasped on the blankets as if her life was hanging on for dear life. More bones painfully cracked and bile rose up my throat.

"Lucca" My mom yelled from the door. "What happened?" She asked frantically looking at Selene with mixed emotions. 

"My wolf bit her while we were sleeping."