Chapter 41

[Selene]

Men can't do anything right. The proof was right in front of me.

"What do you think Nathan? Do I look like one of those lame brains?" How Eric got a hold of a hunter's costume, I don't know, but he looked highly amused. "You better watch out bro, or I'm going to rip your head off and place it over my mantel."

Nathan ignored him and rested his upper body against a tree.

Everyone minus two people were accounted for...

"Eric, get out of that silly outfit. There are reasons why you shouldn't be wearing it in the first place."

"Which would be...?"

"One. Our men will mistake you as the enemy and you will die a stupid death. Two. Those clothes reek and I can't believe you would even put it on."

Eric shrugged. "The vest pockets had some snacks and the guy was my size. I lost my pants somewhere, I can't walk around naked!" He saw me first, and then the rest of the group sensed our presence. "See...Selene would have seem my hammer!"

Nathan gave him a WTF look.

Alpha Soren didn't look happy to see me. "Selene, what are you doing here?" He was so tall and he stood so close. I could barely look over his shoulder.

"Is it true?" I glared at him.

"Is what true?" Either he was pretending to be dumb, or I was horribly wrong and Lucca was going to smack my ass.

"Don't lie to me. Tell me the truth! Is Lucca here, or was he taken?"

There was no surprise in Alpha Soren's face, because he scolded his features. He is definitely a hard man to read, just like my dad.

My dad.

"Where is my dad?" My voice cracked.

"We're not sure."

"Not sure." I repeated sarcastically. "I thought this plan was supposed to work! My dad is missing and my mate...Where is Lucca?"

By the look on every man's face, I knew what I was about to hear was not good.

"He was taken as hostage." Alpha Soren said between clenched teeth. "But we have a plan."

"What plan is that?" I spat.

I was so angry. Angry Lucca could be hurt and in the mercy of the hunters. Angry he broke his promise. Angry that every feather brained man here thought a woman can't do a man's job. Well...I'm not letting them push me aside this time.

"We took the head hunter's son."

"YOU DID WHAT?" I practically screamed.

The headhunter...My brain had to process this. My mother married the headhunter; therefore this kid could very likely be my half-brother?

I had to meet him.

"Calm down, we would never hurt the child. We needed him to make sure no one get's hurt." Alpha Soren said.

"What were you thinking? You can't involve a child into this mess! I can't believe--

I groaned. I can't even finish my sentence. Men are such idiots.

"Selene you should go back--

"I'm not going anywhere." everyone went silent. Alpha Soren and I had a long stare off contest, until he finally spoke up.