Chapter 19

[Selene]

"How are you doing? Here's a glass of water, it looks like you really need it." Alpha Peyton handed me the glass and sat down on the opposite chair. 

"Food's almost ready." Luisa said from another room.

"Thanks." I took a healthy gulp and placed the glass on the table. 

Alpha Peyton studied me unblinking. "Relax," she said. I turned to her confused. "You seem to be tense. Did something happen earlier? You didn't act like this when we got here." The tips of my fingers started to feel cold and my palms began to sweat under her intense gaze. 

"I-I'm just worried about my dad. We haven't been separated this long since I was twelve." When he left me to search for my mom that ran out on us. Her eyes softened and I relaxed, even blew a breath. 

She closed her eyes and slowly rested her head back. "I was daddy's little girl too." She laughed to herself. "The first time I left my dad was after I realized Soren was my mate and I couldn't spend another day without him. My father never said it, but I think I broke his heart that day when I choose Soren over him." 

In my head I started picturing my father and I--faint memories of me as a kid. Dad would take me to the carnival and mom would be there to holding my hand as I rode the Farris wheel a dozen times. 

"Selene"

I looked up at her face and got caught in her clear blue eyes. They were so blue and against the fire, they looked like blue flames. 

"Yes," I gulped. 

"Are you--?

"Time to eat!" Luisa suddenly appeared right behind us wearing her cooking apron. 

Beta Luca casually walked across the room scratching the back of his head as if he had just took a quick nap. "Martha said the kids aren't waiting another day. They're on their way right now." 

Luisa clapped her hands together in glee. "How delightful! I can't wait to see your cute children!" 

"Cute, yes, but once you meet them you won't think they're delightful then." Alpha Peyton struggled to get off of the seat with the large baby bump keeping her off balance. 

"Need some help?" Beta Luca asked smirking. 

She glared at him. "Don't even start." 

"Just trying to help." He said, still smirking. 

"I swear, you and Soren together makes my head spin!" He just laughed back in response. 

"Should we wait for them to arrive?" Luisa asked as she followed Alpha Peyton waddle to the dining room. 

If it were even possible, Alpha Peyton swerved on her feet like a top. "I can't wait another moment. This kid is protesting and he isn't even born yet. If my kids are here I won't be able to eat with them complaining. WE. HAVE. TO. EAT. NOW!"  As if on cue, the door rang and her eyes widened. 

Beta Luca happily speed walked to get the door. "They're here!" He said giddily. 

We followed behind him and as soon as he opened the door, three flashes of dark brown blew past me and straight to Alpha Peyton.

"Mommy, put Sammy back in your belly!" The most adorable little girl I've ever seen said to her mother. 

She was almost an exact carbon copy of her mother except she had Alpha Soren's darker hair and nose. 

A minute ago, Alpha Peyton exclaimed how much she was exhausted by her children's craziness, but the melted look on her face read a dotting mother who would do just about anything for her kids.