Chapter 37

[Selene]

"I'm not going to run, you can let go of me now."

"Not a chance. We turn our backs one second and you will run. I won't risk my life. If Alpha Lucca finds out we didn't keep our eyes on you."

"Isaac right?"

He nodded. "That's my name and don't wear it out." He winked.

I rolled my eyes. "Your life is already at risk if you persist on keeping me here."

His smile didn't falter. "Your threats are not going to work with us, Alpha Selene."

One of the other men chuckled. "I don't know about that man, she put a real shiner on Rick over there."

He pointed at the man leaning on a tree, sporting two black eyes and holding on to his injured arm. Next to him another man was out cold after I had kneed him in the groin for grabbing me from the front.

"I'm really sorry about that Rick, you know I didn't mean to actually hurt you." I said ashamed.

Rick grunted, but didn't look me in the eyes. He then walked around the tree and disappeared.

"I think you hurt the poor kid's ego, Alpha Selene." Isaac whispered besides me.

"I didn't mean too! I was just trying to defend myself."

"You know we wouldn't have tried hurting our Alpha's mate."

My head lowered in embarrassment. "I know, I'm really sorry. I really am."

"We know." Still they were monitoring me like a dangerous prisoner. "But just because we forgive you doesn’t mean we trust you to let you lose. Alpha Lucca would not be happy seeing you where he is."

I snorted. "He's just being overprotective."

Sighing, Isaac turned his body so that he was facing me. "I have a brother, an older brother. It was just he and I before he found his mate. I've seen my brother turn into a reckless man-slut to a absolutely clean-cut fool for his mate. When men find their mates it's like they turn into a whole new different person. I've seen how much our Alpha has changed since you came along. It's quite entertaining, but i feel as though you being with him is slowly turning him into a great Alpha."

Warmth washed over me. "You really think so?"

He nods. "Don't get yourself into trouble Alpha Selene. If anything happens to you, I think there will never be a chance for our pack to be a whole again. Our late Alphas' passing has hurt our pack so much. My family and the families of most of the men in this pack have been working under Alpha Lucca's family for centuries. We understand Alpha Lucca situation, but all we can do is be there for him as his shadows as he faces the council. You are our only hope Alpha Selene."