Chapter 8

[Selene]

“Please tell me he isn’t…isn’t going to force himself on me.” I wheezed.

Luisa didn't respond right away, but she shook her head and assuring me.  “Lucca is stubborn, like his father, but he would never...I don't think so.” The hint of doubt in her voice made my shoulders slump. She tilted her head and smiled at me adoringly as if reading my mind. “You’re not like the girls he’s dated in the past. They were stuck-up sluty women who couldn't tell the difference between their left and right hand. They were that dumb; you are better than them.”

It sounded as though she was implying something.

“I'm not looking for a relationship with him." I say quickly to eliminate any ideas she had that had anything to do with Lucca and me in the same sentence. Then just to make sure she understood, I ask her. "Is this whole thing a set up created for me to hook up with him?" I eyed her suspiciously. 

She croaked a laugh. "Ah...No, of course not!" She was definitely up to something...

I crossed my arms and tilted my chin at her. "Then what do you think he plans with me being here then?” I wondered if dad went a head and gone home. I was so mad at him for leaving me right now.

She kept her face cool and collected, like the golden globe actress, she portrayed herself to be—you can't expect any less from a previous Alpha female. She had to keep her A game. 

“I honestly don’t know, sweetie, but I trust my son’s decisions despite how stupid they are.” With her quick swift movements, she tiptoed in front of me like a giddy ballerina and handed me a towel. “You better get ready for bed. You don’t want him to come in while you're getting ready.” She gigged, most likely thinking about me in that embarrassing situation.

I blushed at the thought of Lucca walking in on me in the bathroom. That would be horrible! I ran straight to the bathroom without even a glance at her and slammed the door. After my shower, I dried myself and put on the clothes Luisa gave me. She sadly informed me she only had satin gowns in her drawers--I highly doubt that and stared nervously at the thin cloth.

You got to be kidding me!

Luisa was lying on the bed reading a book with the side lamp on when I walked out of the bathroom with the gown on. Her head turned towards my direction when the carpet creaked from my footsteps.

“You better dry your hair; it’s not good to sleep with wet hair.”

"This is ridiculous" I frowned, holding my hands over my chest. "I'd rather were the clothes I had on earlier to bed."

"First, ew…that's gross. Your clothes are dirty and I've already put them in the washer." 

I sighed. "Can I at least have a robe?" 

"Sure" She strolled over to her closet. "Here" She handed it to me and I wrapped myself around it. I noticed her queen sized poster bed. 

"Why can't I sleep here with you? Or can't I sleep at an available room?" 

"Sorry dear, but Lucca's the only person you'd rather be with in a house of unmated males." 

"And you...why can’t you offer an extra bedroom. I can see this bed can hold four people!" 

"Sorry, hun…no.” She didn’t even give me a good reason and before I could say anything more, she went cross the hall dragging me to another door. The halls were cold; I felt like I was inside a freezer. The only source of light came from the opening cracks at the bottom of the doors. Everyone must have gone back to their assigned rooms, because I could hear male laughter from behind the walls as we passed across the hall.