Chapter 1

BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.* I have had past experiences with people stealing my work and it has disappointed many of my fans. If you take my ideas you will rob everyone the privilege of finishing this story.

PLEASE report if you find my work is copyrighted. Your help will be rewarded.

Enjoy...

[Selene]

Life turns for the worst when your father tells you, you are different.

Nothing like the word "unique" or "special", it's more under the lines of odd, strange and unusual. That anyone who finds out how different you are they will immediately target you like a hunted animal with a sign attached to your forehead saying 'SHOT HERE'.

Mom left us. 

What normal human being wouldn't? 

When I hit puberty at the age of 12, it wasn't just cramps, bloating or fatigue that bit me in the ass. Unlike normal teenage girls, I shifted into a freaking wolf with a set of abnormal colored eyes; one side dark topaz, the other clear sky blue. 

The torturing screams that came out of my mother's mouth when her only child became a monster before her eyes. Mommy dearest bolted out the door screaming words an innocent girl shouldn't have heard from her mother.

I thought she loved me, but eventually I gave up waiting for her. She wasn't coming back. 

Dad constantly blamed it on himself for never telling her he was a werewolf and he was her mate. He was young and reckless then; didn't expect mating a human would hold consequences. He hoped that because mom was human, there offspring would be one too. 

You would think waking up with a huge bite mark after getting hitched with a random stranger is something to be concerned about, but mother had been naive; living in the moment and accepting what was there, was the kind of person she was.

She was only 19 when she had me.

According to dad's assumptions, mating a human makes the bond one sided and after she left, only he had felt the full effect of rejection.

I imagine her starting a new life somewhere with a normal family, a normal kid.

For my sake, dad never broke down—not in front of me, that is. He had abandoned me a week after mom left to find her and when he couldn't he came back a broken man. "You're not alone; I'll get you through this" he said, and then patted the top of my head.

That was the last time I saw my real father. Now he's a cold, uncaring man who lives only to watch over the abomination he made—me.

It took me five years, 153 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes and 54 seconds to realize my life wasn't going to go back to how it used to be. Those days, when I'd run to mom's arms then laugh with pure innocent joy on dad's shoulders, were only old dreams of bliss.

They never existed.

Living everyday systematically doing my daily chores, with the company of my father, was what I'd be doing until the day I died.

But Destiny had other plans.

It sent a message pounding on our door in the form of a huge gigantic grey wolf to tell us life was going to be a lot worst then hell from now on.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Dad growled at the beast who sat panting at our door.

It was dark and cold out, in the middle of fall season.