Part 9

Love Silently Part 9

Mia’s p.o.v

When I got to the game Carson was already there talking with Bailey, Christine, and Tori. Not thinking much of it I just started passing with Devan talking about random things. When it was time for the team to warm up together Carson wouldn’t say much to me or really even pay attention to me at all. So I decided to confront her about it.

“Car why are you acting weird?”

“How am I acting weird Mia?”

“We had a great time now your not even paying attention to me.”

Then Meg walks up. “Wait did you just say you guys had a great time? Since when do you two hang out together.”

I open my mouth to say something but Carson beats me to it.

“You misheard her Meg we weren’t together”

“Oh ok then” 

With that they both walk away leaving me speechless and angry. Through the entire game she didn’t say anything then something that had to do with soccer. We had won the game so the boys invited us to a party to celebrate. The party was a good chance to talk to Car since everyone else would be to distracted. So I drive to Matt’s house for the party, taking Devan with me. 

When we get inside I leave Devan to go look for Carson and I’m crushed by what I see. She’s in the kitchen making out with Derek. Te sight makes my blood boil. I start walking over to yank him off her when Tori stops me. 

“Why do you look so mad?”

“Why is Carson making out with Derek?”

“Why do you care? You two aren‘t even friends” She quips.

I just walk away. If that’s what Carson wants to do she can do it but two can play at this game. 

I find Gavin and walk over to him. He’s a tall, muscular, bleach blonde haired guy that I used to like when I was like 12.  

“Hey Gavin”

“Oh hey Mia”

“How was your game today stud?”

“It was great we won”

“Did you score a goal for me Gav?”

Smirking he replies “My goals are for no one but you”

“Do you have any other goals in mind?” I say winking at him.

Clearing his throat he smiles at me “Would you like a drink?”

Nodding at him he puts his arm around my waist leading me to the kitchen. The rest of the party I spend talking with Gavin and from the corner of my eye I see Carson staring at us with her fists clenched. 

“You know we have a late game right? You should come and watch”

“I’d love to” I say smiling sweetly at him

Matt ends the party so we can all go back to the field for the game. Devan made me stop to buy her ice cream so we were kinda late. We get to the field and start walking around to go sit with the rest of our team. Just as we start making our way over to them Gavin appears in front of us with the ball in his hands. ‘Ohhh it’s a throw in’ 

Deciding to be nice I run up to him and give him a quick hug saying “Good luck you better kick some ass and score me a goal”

“How about a good luck kiss?” 

Without waiting for an answer he leans down and starts kissing me so I let him, not knowing what else to do. I feel somewhat disgusted by kissing him. Especially since he’s shoving his tongue down my throat. He’s not even a good kisser. I kinda feel like vomiting. Eventually he pulls away then throws in the ball running back onto the field. Stunned I just stand there and notice almost everyone is staring at me with their jaws dropped. 

Then Devan grabs my arm pulling me over to where the team is. An awkward silence passes through our team until Shaye breaks the silence.

“So uh what happened over there?”

Looking around I see everyone is extremely interested in my answer including Carson who is staring daggers at me.

“Well ummmm I just wished him good luck and gave him a hug then he kissed me.”

“I bet you kissed him” Meg says looking me over.

“No I didn’t he took me by surprise. He just leaned down and kissed me”

“But you let him” Tori says in a matter of fact tone.

“Why didn’t you pull away?” Carson says coldly

Feeling my anger rise again I retort “I couldn’t think of a GOOD reason to, so I just let him enjoy me” 

I see the hurt pass over her face and at the moment I could care less. 

“Why do you even care Carson?” Bailey asks suspiciously

“I don’t..” She replies turning back to the game glaring at Gavin. 

Before anyone could say anything else I stand up ready to get out of there. “I’m going to the bathroom I’ll be back”  I say turning around, quickly walking away not looking back.

Halfway to the bathroom I feel someone grab my arm and instantly my skin feels like it was on fire. I didn’t have to turn around to know it was Carson.

“What do you want Carson?”

“To talk. Follow me.”

Without arguing with her I silently follow her to the empty stadium.