Chapter 14

I slowly start to get better, and the boys and girls come in almost every day with something to do, usually a game or a few movies. On the days they don't come, they usually bring a book along the day before and I read when they're not here. After a few weeks, they release me under the conditions that I have someone with me at all times, and I go to PT every day to strengthen my ACLs. Luckily, no surgery was needed.

So now I sit on the couch with Kat and Alli watching danisnotonfire videos. For like the hundredth time. We're almost at the end of Men vs Women when James calls on FaceTime.

"Heeeyyy," us girls say into the phone, not bothering to pause Dan.

"Hi girlies," James says.

"Women have it harder," Dan says in the background.

"What is that?" James asks. We stifle laughter.

"It's Dan..." Kat says.

"I thought you were dating Brad," says James.

"Oh she is," Alli says. "This is danisnotonfire. We better pause it before..."

"It's time for..." Dan says.

"Pause it! Pause it!" Alli and I scream at Kat, laughing. Kat pauses it and we put the laptop down.

"What is it time for?" James asks. I snort and Alli and Kat stand and imitate Dan and what he does at the end of his videos. I put my phone on the couch so I don't drop it, hysterically laughing at the girls. "What? What am I missing?" Alli picks up my phone.

"Trust me, you don't wanna know," she says.

"I kinda do..."

"If you say so..." Alli turns my phone so he can see Kat, who's still imitating Dan.

"You're right. I don't wanna know," James surrenders. I laugh.

"Gimme my phone," I say.

"I'm gonna get food!" Kat exclaims, and leaves the room.

"So do you want to come to England?" James asks. "Considering you're cleared, of course."

"I think so," I say. "I'll have to double check though."

"Find out, then call me back," James says.

"Cool beans," I say, and Alli and I make duck faces. James laughs.

"You two are so weird." He shakes his head and ends the call.

"I'm gonna call my therapist," I say.

Connor's POV

"Con! Liv and the girls are coming on Friday!" James yells. I fall out of my chair.

"What?" I say, though I know perfectly well what he said. Brad and Tris walk in.

"Did I hear the girls are coming?" Tris asks, then sees me on the floor. "Why..."

"Don't ask."

"Yeah, on Friday," James says, walking in as well. I sit in the chair again, and look around.

"Well hell, we need to clean up," I say.

"Liv said they were gonna stay in a hotel," James says.

"Like hell I'm gonna let her out of my sight," I fire at him.

"Gonna have to, mate," James fires back. "The only way she's allowed to go is if she stays in a hotel. Her therapist doesn't want her around boys too much."

"Why?" Brad asks.

"Because she's smart and knows we get up to crazy shit," Tris says. We laugh.

"True, true," a voice says. "You boys are usually up to something insane."

"Who...?" Brad asks.

"Oh, that's Alli," James says. We crowd around him.

"Hey boys," Alli says, waving.

"So Friday, huh?" Tris asks.

"Yep. Packing now." Alli shows us her full suitcase. "Well, I was packing."

"So what time do you get here?" I ask.

"Oh, no, no, I'm not telling you that," Alli says.

"Why not?" I whine.

"Because we would have just gotten off a plane we had been on for 13 hours!" Alli says.

"So?" James says.

"Ugh. You are so weird," Alli says, and hangs up.

"Well, I guess they're coming," Brad says. We laugh.

Kat's POV

We step off the plane on Thursday (we may or may not have lied to the boys about our arrival day) and head towards baggage claim. We grab our suitcases and hail a taxi. We don't talk much, considering we spent 13 hours on a plane together. Soon we arrive at our hotel.

"Hi, last name please," the lady at the front desk says.

"Williams," I say.

"Katherine?" I nod. "How many keys?"

"Three, please." She hands us our keys. "Enjoy your stay."

"Thanks." We go to our room, leave our suitcases in the main room, and drop on the couches.

"We should really move and go to bed," Alli says.

"I wanna surprise the boys tomorrow," Liv yawns.

"Done, and done," I say. We part ways and I fall onto my bed, falling asleep within minutes.

"This bed is so comfy," I say to no one in particular.

Brad's POV

"This doesn't look too bad," I say, surveying our handiwork. We spent hours cleaning up the house at Connor's command.

"It's pretty clean," James agrees.

"We had a window there the whole time?" Connor asks.

"I guess," says Tristan. "Though I had no idea." They both look at James and I.

"What?"

"You two were the first ones in the house. Did you know we had a window?"

"Maybe..."

"So anyone want to watch a movie?" I ask.

"Yeah!"

"But which one?"

"Ask Liv!" I text her.

"She says 'My Cousin Vinny,'" I say. "She promises it's a good movie. Funny, lots of dry humor."

"Let's watch it then!" Connor says, and plops on the couch with the remote. James and Tris walk back in with snacks and soda. Connor pulls up the movie and we settle in to watch it.