Chapter 7

I wake up the morning of the 24th, the day after the last day of exams and the day before leaving for Vail. I smile at that thought. I shower, then put on a white hi-low dress, tying a brown ribbon around the waist. I brush my hair then go stand in front of my suitcase. Realization of what's about to happen hits me, and I crouch down, holding my head in my hands, and scream. I stand up and pace my room.

"There is no way this is happening," I say to myself. "This isn't possible. This has to be some sort of dream. Really, Liv. The domains don't align, the numbers don't add up, the ends are frayed. There is no way this is real. This has to be a dream. I'm calling Kat." I pull out my phone and dial Kat's number.

"It's so early, Liv," she moans.

"It's 9 AM..."

"That's so early!"

I laugh. "So are we really leaving for Vail tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Weird, right? The day came so fast. Are you packed?"

"Duh. Do you even have to ask? I've been packed for days now. My list has been checked off. Are you packed?"

"Ha no. Don't forget who you're talking to. Will you send me that list?"

"Only for you, Kittyfish." I laugh, and I hear Kat groan. "And Alli, but I doubt she needs reminding."

"Call anyways. Otherwise I would feel bad because I'm just now packing."

I laugh. "Okay, okay. I'll send you the list then call Alli. Bye!"

"Bye!" I hang up, then take a picture of my list and send it to Kat. I call up Alli.

"Hey girl!" she says. Alli is always up early.

"Hi! How's the packing going?"

"Pretty well. I'm almost done. I keep thinking I'm going to forget something, but all the items on my list are packed."

"Oh my gosh you made a list too? I thought it was just me!"

"Dude... Parabatai..."

"Oh right right. Oops... Compare lists?"

"Yep! I'll send you mine."

"And I'll send mine. Bye!" I hang up and send my list. I get a pic of Alli's list and compare it with mine. I notice a few things she has that I don't and things that I have and she doesn't. I text her with what I found and pack them. Satisfied, I have a quick breakfast. My phone rings with a call from James.

"Hey," I say.

"Hi. What time is it there?"

"Like 9:30... Have you packed yet?"

"Uh... Maybe..."

"So I take that as a no then."

"I don't know what to pack!"

"I thought you did research," I tease.

"We did! I still don't know what to pack."

"Do you want lists from Alli and I?"

"You make lists? Who makes lists any more?"

"Alli and I do, and we haven't forgotten a single item on trips ever. So play nice, or I won't send you the lists."

"You drive a hard bargain, Miss... I don't know your last name."

"Woods, James."

"You drive a hard bargain, Miss Woods."

"I wouldn't get anything out of my trades if I didn't demand something good in return."

"So will you send me those lists?"