Chapter 2

Sorry for the last chapter, I kinda had to introduce people. Promise it'll get better, pinky promise! Just keep reading, just keep reading, just keep reading, reading, reading. Anywho... On with the chapter!

After approvals from the girls, I send the message. We go to the little man-made waterfall by MoJo's. After a few minutes, my phone chimes again.

"Look, please! I wanna see what he wrote!" exclaims Alli, ever the James girl.

"Okay, okay," I laugh. I pull out my phone.

"Well, if you don't know my name, how did you find my Twitter?"

I laugh and reply. "Well, my dear, it could have been that the link was in your bio. But, if I had to take a wild guess, I would say... Your name is James."

"Good guess. What gave me away?"

"Nothing. I'm telepathic. And you look like a James too."

"How does that work?"

"haha my little secret..."

"I still don't know your name."

"Take a wild guess. Maybe you're telepathic..."

"Hm... Olivia. But your friends call you... Liv."

"How did you know?"

"A little birdie told me. Maybe two did..."

I look up from my phone to see Kat and Alli glued to theirs. "Guys!"' I say. "You didn't!"

"We did," says Kat.

"Why?"

"Because. Think of the possibilities..." says Alli.

"She's right! You could become really good friends, we could all meet, you could convince James to fall in love with Alli, you could move to England, they could move here," Kat says. I cut her off.

"The Vamps. Move here. To Phoenix. To 127 degree weather and no rain? From England. Where it rains all the time and is considerably cooler." I laugh. "Yeah. Right. Unlikely."

"You never know," says Alli. My phone chimes.

"Where'd you go?"

"See? He misses you already!" says Alli.

"You should totally Facetime him. Then we could all meet him!" squeals Kat.

"Yes! Amazing idea!" continues Alli.

"Okay, I'll ask," I say. "Chill."

"You still haven't responded yet... Are you trying to lead me on?"

"Ha! No. But I was talking to those little birdies that told you my name. And they think that we should Facetime."

"Do they now?"

"Why yes, Mister McVey, they do." I send my Facetime to him and he responds with his. I add him into my contacts and call him.

"Hello, Mister McVey," I say when he appears onscreen. I see his face and the pillow behind him. The rest of the screen is dark.

"Why hello, Olivia," he whispers.

"Just Liv," I say. "And why are you whispering?" The camera moves from his face, and I can hear him moving. He hits a light switch and the room illuminates. I see the rest of The Vamps in bed, half-awake now that the lights are on.

"Turn the lights off," says Connor.

"No," says James.

I can see Brad flip over. Kat squeals a little at the sight of his shirtlessness. Yeah I forgot to mention she's a Brad girl... "Why?" he says.

"Because I'm talking with a new friend of mine and she wanted to know why I'm whispering," says James.

"Did you just say 'she'?" asks Tristan.

"Yeah. She. As in a girl."

"Then... We're all topless. And you're talking to a girl. At half two in the morning," says Connor.

"It's not like there's much to see," I interrupt, teasing them. "Oh"s echo from behind me.

"Not yet," says James. He sets his phone somewhere standing up and pulls each guy from their bed. They all stand in a line, indeed shirtless but in pajama pants, making faces and flexing their muscles.

"I still don't see much," I tease.

"That's cold!" exclaims Alli.

"Are there more?" asks Brad. They all crowd closer, and I pull my phone back so they can see Kat and Alli.

"Why yes. These are the two snitches who told you my name. Alli and Kat," I say. All their eyes widen at the same time and they scramble for shirts.

"Where's the view going?" asks Kat.

"Quite a lovely view," continues Alli.

"It wasn't much of a view," I tease. Tristan runs up.

"Do you really believe that or are you just saying that?" he asks.

"Maybe..." I try to look serious but can't stop a grin from spreading on my face.

"I knew it! I knew you lied!" Tristan exclaims.

"And how did you know?" I ask sweetly.

"Because not many people can resist the power of topless Englishmen. And what are the odds that you are one of those few people?" he says.

"Bad question to ask," says Alli.

"She's gonna go all mathematical on your ass," finishes Kat.

"They're right, you know. I am the mathematical master of the 7 of us," I say. "Now, taking into consideration the population of the world plus the reproduction rate, and the number of fans you have and the number of people who don't know about you... Wanna finish the math?" He shakes his head no. "Thought not."

"All right, give me my phone," says James. He takes it from Tristan and takes his first good look at the three of us. "What time is it there?"

"I'd say... about 7:30, 7:45," says Kat.

"If it's still light where you are, where are you?" he asks.

"I wanna know that too!" yells Connor, butting into our conversation. He appears onscreen with James.

"Arizona," says Alli.

"We're a solid 7 hours behind you time wise. So we're just eating dinner. Actually, frozen yogurt, but still. It kinda counts," Kat says.

"Well, not for me," I say. "Me and my endless stomach. Good thing I can cook enough to feed me."

"You cook?" asks Connor. I nod. "You should send us something."

"Maybe," I say. "So you know how people say that you haven't tasted a good version of a dish until you've tasted theirs?"

"Yeah. Why?" asks James.

"Well," Kat and Alli say, drawing it out.

"You haven't lived until you've tasted what I make," I say. I quickly end the call, and we laugh until we can't breathe.

"The look on their faces was priceless!" says Kat.

"We have got to do that again sometime," says Alli.

"Definitely," I say. "Now, let's finish our MoJo's and then we can see that movie."