Chapter 8

James's POV

We step off the airplane with our bags and walk towards baggage claim. We grab our suitcases and walk towards the doors. I see three girls walking towards us, a redhead and two brunettes. They walk in a triangle, almost in a clique sort of way. The redhead has her hair in a side ponytail and is wearing jeans, a graphic shirt and Converse. One of the brunettes has her hair down and is wearing black ripped leggings, a Paris shirt, and silver flats. The brunette at the front of the group is wearing rolled jean capri's, a black songbird shirt and black heels with her hair in a high ponytail.

"James, darling!" says the front brunette. "Lovely to see you in person!"

Brad whistles. "Wow, hot." The girls approach and the boys stand next to me.

"Kisses!" the girl says, and the three of them blow kisses at us. Everything clicks into place.

"Hi Liv," I say. I open my arms and she steps in for a hug.

"Sure took you long enough to recognize me, Mister McVey," she teases. She pulls back. "Kat, and Alli." She gestures and I hug both. I turn and see the expressions on the boys' faces. Liv follows my gaze and laughs. "We're not that famous, guys. You're the famous ones. We should be the ones looking starstruck." Tris snaps out of it first.

"Nice to see you, girls," he says. I elbow Brad and Connor and they snap to the present. We all hug then step back into our formations.

"This is just Denver, so we need to drive north a few hours," Liv says. "So we need to rent a few cars and drive up to Vail. Do you have your bags?" I nod. "Let's go, then." We all grab our suitcases and roll out the door. We head towards the rental cars and Liv leads us inside the building.

"And how are you going to get several cars? You're still young," I say. She just laughs.

"Maybe, but I can fake a few things, and besides, you're an adult. So come with me. Watch and learn." She grabs my hand and almost drags me over to the service counter. I turn and shrug at the boys. Kat and Alli look completely relaxed, like they've done this before.

"May I help you?" the man at the counter says. He looks about 20 years old, and checks out Liv.

"Yes. My brother, our friends, and I are visiting and we would like to rent a few cars. We're heading up to Vail, and I was wondering what cars you recommend," Liv says, imitating my accent perfectly.

"Well," the man says. "That all depends on what you're doing in Vail. Are you staying near Greenwich Village or near the mountains?" I see his name tag says Josh.

"Mostly in the mountains, but we'll probably be going to the Village, visit some friends," she says, leaning on the counter.

"If you'll follow me, I'll show you a few that would work for your situation." Josh steps out and Liv takes his arm. I follow behind. "Your brother doesn't talk much."

"No. He doesn't find words necessary. He expresses himself through his actions," Liv says. Josh turns to look at me and I glare at him. Liv laughs. "See? Now where were those cars?"

I start to wander off, up and down the rows of cars. My mind wanders, drawing up blank. I eventually make my way back to the building, where I find everyone stretched out and chatting.

"Where's you sister?" Alli teases.

"She might run off with that boy," says Brad.

"If she doesn't run off with Con first," Tris says, seeing Connor's expression.

"Brother! Oh brother of mine! Where are you?" Liv calls.

"Duty calls," I say. I walk back over to Liv, and see Josh openly admiring her.