Chapter 17

Connor's POV

My phone dings, loud enough to wake me up. Liv just turns over, her hair brushing her face. I squint at the screen.

Hey babe I'm back. How about some coffee this afternoon?

I checked the number. Elizabeth. I hadn't spoken to Liz since she left for Africa over a year ago.

Sure. The usual place in an hour?

Perfect.

I carefully get up, take a quick shower, and put on jeans and a white top. I fix my hair, grab a quick breakfast, and make my way to the coffee shop, just on time to see Liz's dark hair by the door.

"Liz!" I yell. She turns around.

"Connor!" Liz smiles and we hug. We go inside, order, and sit with our drinks.

"So how are you?"

"I'm great! You?"

"Fantastic. Are you still looking for a place?"

"Nah I moved in with the boys. Same house for the past year, if you can believe it." I laugh. "What about you? How was Africa?"

"It was amazing! I travelled through all the countries and met amazing people."

Brad's POV

"This is so amazing!" We had taken the Tube to a beach, and Kat is ecstatic. "Come on, let's go in!"

"It's gonna be super cold," I warn.

"Don't care! I'm going in!" Kat sheds her top and shorts and runs into the ocean. "Holy shit!"

"Told you!"

"Guys, you have to come in here! The water's amazing!" We throw our clothes in a pile, our swim stuff underneath, and run in. A water fight starts. Water splashes over my head, getting my back wet and running down my face. I turn to find James behind me. I splash him back, and soon we've all picked sides, Tris and Kat with me and Alli and Liv with James.

"We look like prunes!" Liv announces after a while.

"Should we go back?" Tris asks.

"I am." Kat hops on my back and says "Mush!" I grab her legs and run against the receding tide to shore, where I drop her in the sand. We all drop next to each other, and I'm sure we look like a pile of limbs on a beach to other people. We dry off, one of the rare sunny days, and put our clothes back on before heading into town for lunch.

Connor's POV

I say goodbye to Liz and head back to the house. An empty house, I might add. I find a note stuck to the fridge.

Hey babe we all went to the beach. We should be back before dinner, no worries ;D

I made you a lunch, it's in the fridge.

I guess do what you want today and we'll be back soon.

Kisses,

Liv

I open the fridge, and sure enough, a covered bowl greets me. A note on top tells me it's a soup. I heat it and sit down to a random show on TV.

Alli's POV

"That was fun!" I say.

"Can we do it again?" Kat asks.

"Sure," Brad laughs.

We're on the Tube heading back to the house, and no one has said anything about our sandy appearances, luckily. The doors open at our stop, and we make our way above-ground. I check the time. 6:15, just in time for dinner. Tris unlocks the front door of the house and we all shove our way through the doorway, dropping our bags and heading to the kitchen. Soon enough we all have a job for dinner and Connor appears.

"Smells good," he says.

"Yeah, cause you didn't have anything to do with it," James teases.

"Almost done," Liv says, and we start putting things in bowl, on plates, and pouring drinks, setting the table as we go. We take our seats and dig in. Soon we're done and all the dishes are back in the kitchen. Someone knocks on the door, and Liv stands to answer it.

Liv's POV

I stand, leaving everyone sprawled on the couches. I open the door to reveal some girl.

"Hi, is Connor here?" she asks. Why do you care? I think.

"No he's not. I can take a message though," I say, covering my words in fake sugar.

"That's okay," the girl says. "Just tell him his girlfriend dropped by." His WHAT?!?!

Evil little girl, aren't I? Heehee #sorrynotsorry I found inspiration, lol.

MIKA is amazing okay? Okay.

I'll just leave you with this little cliffhanger until I can get to a computer again.