Chapter 20

The days pass really quickly after that. The boys take us around town, showing us the obscure places that tours never cover. We walk into a record store one morning, and don't leave until it closes. We find a little amusement park too, and spend a day there. The entire time there's an undertone of awkward between Connor and I, almost likes he wants to do something but isn't sure if he should. Our flight comes sooner than expected.

The girls and I pack, sitting on each other's suitcases to get them to close. We had gone shopping during the week, and we are having a hard time fitting it all. A knock comes at the front door.

"I got it!" Alli announces, and opens the door to reveal the boys, Joe, and Dean.

"Surprise!" They shout, and I grin.

"Shhh, there are people sleeping," I say.

"Oh well," Brad says before burying his face is Kat's hair. I turn to find Connor looking at me, and I blush before turning away.

"So you really have to go?" Tris asks.

"Yeah," Alli says. "We have some things to do back home."

"That's so specific and not at all suspicious," James says.

"We try," says Kat, coming up for air from snogging Brad. Apparently I've started to pick up a few habits. England's become like a second home now. Dean just snaps pictures.

"Why?" I ask him.

"To recognize you next time we come to America," Dean says. He aims the camera at me. I stick my hand in front of it, and he takes the picture anyways.

"You're go into miss your flight if you stay much longer," Joe says.

"Oh, shit," I say.

"Don't worry, we're taking you to the airport," says Joe. "Go get your things." I pull Kat away from Brad, and us girls grab our bags, tossing a few last minute things in and slinging our bags over our shoulders. We leave the room one last time, scrunch into the lift, then pass through the lobby. We leave the keys at the front desk then pile into the van the boys brought. We drive to the airport, check our bags, then stop right before customs.

"I wish you could stay," James says, and wraps me in a bear hug.

"I wish I could too," I say into his shoulder.

"Hey, gimme my turn," Tris says, and James releases me before hugging Alli. "Come here, sister." I walk into Tristan's open arms.

"Morning, brother," I say.

"Don't forget to call us, okay? We're going to be travelling soon, and we want you to be a part of it. No matter what I'll still be your brother, okay?" he says.

"Got it, brother," I say, grinning.

"Hey!" Brad says. "I'm not your brother?"

"'Course you are! I just haven't said bye to you yet." I hug Brad. "Don't miss me too much, okay?" He laughs.

"No promises."

"Talk to Kat as often as you can. She loves you very much, you know."

"That I can promise."

"Now go say goodbye to her, lovebird." I ruffle his hair and watch him go to Kat. I feel a hand on my shoulder, and turn to see Connor.

"Hey," he says.

"Hi."

"Liv, we have to go!" I hug Connor quickly.

"I'll talk to you soon, okay?" I say as I pull away.

"Don't break his heart," Joe tells me in a low tone, out of range of Connor's hearing.

"Yes, sir." I grab my bag and rush through customs. "Guys, you ruined it! I was talking to Connor!" I hit the girls' shoulders.

"Sorry!" Kat rubs her shoulder.

"Now boarding flight 670 to Phoenix."

"We would've been late if you had stayed to talk," Alli points out. "Come on." We board, settling into our seats. Before I turn my phone off I see a text from Connor.

I never got to tell you bye. Call me when you land, there's a few things I never got the chance to tell you. Have a safe flight x

I smile, and turn my phone off. I shove my bag under the seat, grabbing my book before I do so. I open it to the first page, but the words swim in front of my eyes. I close it and set it on my lap, instead looking out the window. The plane takes off, and I watch the country pass by, then spend another half an hour watching the clouds and the ocean. I finally cave and pull up a movie.

~~~

After getting my baggage, I quickly say bye to the girls and rush home. I unpack, then change into jeans and a tank top, unnatural for hot Arizonan summers. I call my salon, and make an appointment in an hour. I drive there, and have 6 inches cut off the end. I think my stylist, then pick up some blonde hair dye, the kind that washes out after a month or so. I let it set in my hair.

I close myself off from society after that. I mostly stay indoors, only venturing out for food. I don't FaceTime the boys, and if they call I don't pick up. I only ever text people, and I go through a stack of books before schools starts.

My blonde hair fades to dark brown again a few days before school, and I go pick up supplies. When school starts, it passes in a blur until that one day.

Homecoming.

Connor's POV

I'm worried about Liv. She never called me after landing a month back, and she won't answer our calls. I've tried asking both Alli and Kat, but neither have heard much from Liv either. They say she's distant at school, like she's not completely present.

I wonder what's going on.

Omg guys this took forever to write, I'm so sorry! I've been swamped with school and dance and you all ask me to update but I can't always find time to write. I barely have time for myself anymore. Once winter break hits I'll be uploading more.

So sorry for the rush at the end, I'm ending the story soon, within a few chapters, and I just needed to speed time along a little bit.

Comment #distractedLiv and click that like button if you read to the end!