Chapter 11

Omg guys... Over 200 reads! So amazing... So it's their last night in Vail and there's some dramatic irony... You and I and The Vamps and Kat found out from Alli about Liv's secret, but Liv doesn't know about it. Interesting plot twist, ain't it?

I take a last look in the mirror, and smooth out wrinkles in my dress. I grab my clutch and open the door of my room. I take a few steps out and Kat and Alli flank me on both sides. Kat is wearing a strapless milky pink dress that stops right above her knees with black edging, black strappy heels, and a black clutch. Alli is wearing a white lace dress that stops at the knees with a brown bow belt with gold sandals and a matching clutch. We make our way down the stairs in a triangle, and stop at the bottom. The boys turn around, all dressed in slacks and button-down shirts. I see Converse and Vans as well. I smile faintly.

Brad's POV

"It's so weird that this is our last night before going back," Tris says. I shove my hands in my pockets and shift from foot to foot.

"Do you think we should tell them that we're going to New York this weekend?" I ask.

"I don't know," James says. "I don't want to lie to them, but it might be a little..."

"Awkward," Connor finishes. Footsteps sound on the stairs, and we all turn to see. I see Alli then Liv, and my gaze lingers on Kat.

Wow, I think. She's so beautiful. Wait, what am I thinking? She has a boyfriend... Who I wish she wasn't dating. Quit thinking that, Brad!

Kat's POV

I meet Brad's gaze, and blush. It's time to call Thomas, I think. My phone rings, right on cue.

"I gotta take this," I say, and walk into the kitchen. "Hello?"

"Hi Kat."

"Oh, hi Thomas. What's up?"

"Um... Well... I think we should break up."

"Okay."

"You see, we're moving. To, ah, London."

"Because you met someone. I understand."

"Wait, what? You do?"

"Why not?"

"I had just figured..."

"Sucks for you then. Bye, Thomas." I hang up and walk back out, a spring in my step. No tethers, nothing holding me back! Oh my gosh Brad! I think. I meet Liv's questioning gaze and smile. I meet Brad's intense gaze. I waltz over and lean on his shoulder.

"Let's go then," Liv says, and we pile into cars and drive to the Village.

Tristan's POV

We pull into the parking lot and walk into the restaurant.

"Hi, I have a reservation for Evans," I say.

"Oh, yes. Right this way, sir," the hostess says. We follow her to a round table and we all sit. Brad and Kat are next to each other, Liv and Connor are together, and I'm between Alli and James.

"Well this is awkward," I whisper to them, watching the couples flirt.

"Very," James agrees.

"It keeps Liv distracted, so I'm cool with it until it goes too far," Alli whispers.

"Would you like anything to drink?" the waitress asks. We order and she leaves, but not without winking at me.

"Oooo Tris is gettin' some attention," Liv teases.