Chapter 19

Connor's POV

I open one eye, expecting to see the girls shoving me off my bed, but instead it's the boys.

"Get up! You've slept for 3 hours and the girls are coming in 30 minutes!" Brad says. I roll over. They roll me off the bed and Tristan picks me up.

"You smell like perfume," he comments. "What did you do?"

"Nothing." James shoots me a look. "Promise! I just took a shortcut through a park is all. There were lots of flowers. Nothing happened." Tris sets me down by the shower.

"Shower," he says, and closes the door. I do, and put on jeans, a white top, a jean top, shoving the sleeves up to my elbows, and black Vans. I fix my hair, brush my teeth, and head downstairs, to whispered voices.

"Morning, sleepy head," Liv smiles. "There's a plate for you in the kitchen." I trudge into the kitchen, sit at the counter, and pull the plate towards me. I eat, not wanting to be rude, but not tasting anything either.

"Hey mate, put on a brave face, okay?" Brad says, walking in with plates. Kat follows behind him.

"It sucks, I know. But everything has to get worse before it can get better," she says. "And hey, show her what she's missing out on." I sit a little taller at that part.

"What time is Joe getting here?" James asks, setting down cups.

"11," Brad says.

"Okay, so we have 45 minutes to kill," Kat says.

"Wanna play Monopoly again?" I suggest, putting my dishes in the sink.

"Sure." James pulls out the game and we settle on the floor until the door opens.

"It's me!"

"Me who?" Liv asks, grabbing her game piece to throw at Joe.

"Woah, it's Joe." He puts his hands up in mock surrender as he walks in the room. "We playing Monopoly?"

"Yeah. Wanna join?" Alli asks.

"No, you are already ahead and we have to get to work anyways," Joe says. "Dean should be here soon to go over what you guys want for the video. Then we'll set up, film, edit, and post."

"It might be a late night," Tris says.

Joe sighs. "Oh, alright. Have enough coffee for a late night?"

"Yep," Liv says, nodding.

"Who are you three?" Joe asks.

"Kat."

"Alli."

"Liv." I see recognition flash across Joe's face as each girl introduces herself.

"I'm here!"

"Who?" Liv grabs the game piece again.

"Dean! Now put the thing down before I come out!"

"Nuh uh! I ain't playin' that game!"

"Woah bro, gimme the thimble," Kat says, and wrestles it from Liv's grasp. "You're good, Dean, you can come out now!" He pokes his head around the corner.

"Oh, hi. Who's this?" Dean asks. The girls introduce themselves again. "Alright then. So ideas anyone?"

"Idris party!" Alli screams again.

"A what?" Dean asks. Liv rolls her eyes and pulls Dean by his arm to the backyard.

"Well I was thinking we could put lights here..."

"Hey, chin up." Joe ruffles my hair. I fix it and scowl at him. "What's with this girl, anyways?"

"I don't know." I sigh. "She kinda just... is. She's her own person."

"But..." Joe prods.

"But Liz. They're so similar!"

"Similar, not the same," he points out. "Try making a list of the things you like about both, and cross off the ones they have in common. What's left should tell you who to go for."

"Thanks."

"Hey girlies, you comin'?" Liv shouts. I shake my head mockingly at Joe and we head outside, where piles of lights are scattered around the yard mixed with gardening things. "This seriously needs some work if you're recording here." She hands us each something. I get shears. "Let's get cracking." She turns on some music.

"Who is this?" Brad asks. Liv puts a hand to her chest and gasps.

"This is Tom Petty! Please tell me you've heard of Tom Petty."

"O-of course. I just didn't recognize him is all."

"She was an American girl!" James sings.

"Raised on promises, she couldn't help thinking," I take the next line.

"That there was a little more to life somewhere else," Liv sings.

We clean up the yard, listening to just under an hour of Tom Petty. At the end, it looks a lot better, and we stash everything in a shed. Lights are scattered around, most of them in the pool. The guys and I set up our instruments, and the girls roll up their sleeves to help Dean with lights. It's close to 10 at night when we start filming. It takes at least an hour to get the opening right, and another hour after that to make enough caffeine to keep us awake. We finally start with the music, and I can't stop thinking about Liv, Liz, and Joe's advice.

It would be such a great idea. I wish I could decide between the two of them, but I guess that's what the list is for. Once we're done I'm going to start that. I just want her back.

But which one?

Shut up. I know which one.

But do you? Are you positive?

I find myself still acting on the outside, pulling faces and still being me. No one can tell I'm second guessing myself, and I'm proud of that.

"I think we're good, guys!" Dean says.

"Finally!" Tris tosses his sticks behind him and comes out from behind his set.

"Woo!" Alli and Kat cheer.

"These two get weird when they're tired. I'm gonna take them back," Liv says. The girls leave, and we help Dean pack. He and Joe crash here, but I'm not tired. I bound upstairs, shutting my door behind me. I grab a pen and several papers.

Liv. Liz.

I start the lists.

Omg this is such a bad chapter! It guts me when I can't update, I know a lot of you read this story and I wish I could have regular updates for you. I've just been stuffed with homework and dance, and I've had an average of like 5 hours of sleep a night for the past like 2 months. I know it took so long for this to be up, but I needed a Connor POV to show his emotions. I have everything planned, promise!

So Imma leave you with a tiny dilemma. Comment #Connor'sDilemma if you read this, and don't forget to vote!

Ily, my cookie monsters!