Chapter 6

I wake up the next morning, completely exhausted and stiff. So not smart to skip stretching out my muscles, I think. I head into the bathroom, where my first look in the mirror makes me scream. Kat and Alli come rushing in.

"What happened?" they ask. They stop in the doorway and see the look on my face. I turn back to the mirror and try to find some semblance of myself under the smeared makeup. It's so smeared that I look like a freaking zombie. Alli hands me makeup remover wipes and I set to work.

Five minutes later, I've managed to get off most of the makeup and I look like myself again. I quickly brush out my hair then realize that I slept in my sundress, so I change into a white tank top, jean shorts, and a long necklace with a skeleton key charm. I fishtail braid my hair, pulling it over my shoulder. I head into the kitchen, where the girls are perched on chairs.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask.

"Waffles," says Kat. I head to Alli's pantry and pull out ingredients, mixing them up as the griddle is warming up.

"Do you feel okay?" asks Alli.

"Yeah. I'm a little stiff, but otherwise fine. Why do you ask?" I say, pouring batter.

"So you don't remember anything from last night?" questions Kat.

"Sure I do. I remember being at the competition, doing awards, coming off to see you guys, oh God," I say, realization hitting me. The spoon I'm holding drops from my hand and hits the wood flooring with a thud. Kat and Alli rush to keep me upright as the room starts spinning. I sink into a chair and Alli takes over the waffles. "Did that really happen?"

"Yeah, babe, it did," Kat says in a soft voice.

"Will you hand me my phone?" I ask. Kat gives me my phone and I check messages, Twitter, and Facetime. No messages, no updates, but I see that I called James at about midnight. "I don't remember calling James."

"You didn't," Kat says. "I did."

"Why?"

"Because someone has to take care of you," she says. "You look out for us all the time. Sometimes Alli and I have to look out for you when you're having one of your moments, when you're emotionally vulnerable."

"I am not weak," I snap.

"I didn't say you were. You were kinda a mess, and you were asleep, so I had to show them how you were taking it. And I knew if I had asked when you were awake you would have said some excuse, so I took charge." Kat takes my phone and puts it with her stuff.

"Breakfast is ready," Alli says. She has us each grab a plate with a waffle, a banana, and a Naked drink of our choice. I put "Despicable Me" in her DVD player and we settle into her couch and dig into breakfast.

~later that day~

My phone starts ringing in the middle of Monopoly. The girls give me encouraging smiles and I look at the screen. "James" it says. I toss my phone at the girls, and Alli catches it.

"You answer it," I say. "I can't talk to them right now." Alli taps my phone.

"Alli? And Kat?" someone asks. "Where's Liv?"

"She's here, James," Alli says.

"Can we talk to her?" I can hear Brad's voice.

"No," says Kat. "She doesn't want to talk to you."

"Why not?" says Connor. I can hear the pain in his voice. I motion at Alli and she tosses my phone to me.

"Hm," I say. "I wonder why I could be royally pissed off. Let's play the Insane Reasons Liv is Mad Game, shall we?" I sigh. "God, y'all are so dense, d'ya know that?"

"We are so, so, so sorry, Liv," Tristan says. "We never meant to hurt you. If we could go back in time we would fix this, because it kills all of us to see you upset. You do so much for us and we took you for granted and betrayed your trust. Could you ever forgive us?" All the anger I was holding in pops, and so does my insistence to pretend anger.

"Of course I will. I just get emotional about what I do. It means a lot to me, and i just wanted you to be a part of it, that's all," I say.

"You really forgive us?" Connor asks.

"How could I not? I just needed time to cool down, is all," I say. I look up and see the girls smiling at me. "Come 'ere," I say to them. I prop my phone up on a ledge and step back from it, the girls and I settling into chairs. "Why didn't you tell me that you hadn't slept in 2 days?"

"We didn't want you to worry," Brad says.

"Me? Worry? Ha no," I say, earning looks from the girls. I laugh and roll my eyes. "Anyways, how's tour?"

"It's fun," says James. "But we want to get back home."

"When is the tour over?" asks Alli.

"The 18th, I think," says Tristan. Kat grins at us.

"That's the week before finals, guys," she says to Alli and I. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I don't know, " I say. "How often is it that we're ever thinking the same thing?"

"I think I know what you're talking about," Alli says.

"In that case then I know exactly what you're thinking," I tease. "If Alli knows, then we're all on the same page."

"What are you three thinking?" asks Connor, clearly exasperated.

"Wanna meet in person?" Kat says.

"Really?" Tristan asks. I nod. "When?"

"Well, we have exams until the 23rd, so why don't we say the 25th?" says Alli.

"Where are we going?" asks Brad.

I shrug. "That's up to you," I say. "Should we go to England or should you come to the States?"

"Seeing that you got super upset because we did something bad, we should make it up to you," James says. "So where do you want to go?"

I grin. "Let's go to Vail."

"Where?" asks Connor.

"Colorado," says Alli.

"It's my favorite place to hike," I say. "I haven't been there in years."

"All right then, Colorado it is!" Brad says.

"Are we just gonna be hiking?" asks James.

"No," says Kat, sarcasm dripping from her voice. "We're going to sit around all day reading books. Of course we're gonna do things besides hiking!"

"They have the absolute best gelato in Vail," I say. "And the coolest shops."

"Gelato," Tristan says, a dreamy look on his face.

"And we're only a couple hours north of Denver, so we can go on mini road trips and visit my friends." I laugh. "This is gonna be so much fun!"

"I guess we have some research to do, boys," says Connor.

"We have to go," Brad says.

"Okay," Kat says.

"Bye!" the boys chorus.

"Kisses!" Alli calls, and we blow kisses at the boys. I wink at Connor, and he blushes.

"Bye," we say.

"See you soon!" I say, and end the call. I turn around.

"We're going to Vail with The Vamps!" we scream, and spaz out in the middle of Alli's living room, dancing horribly and chanting that phrase for 15 minutes. We collapse on the floor.

"This is gonna be the coolest weekend ever," Kat says.

"I couldn't agree more," Alli says.

"Let's go have some ice cream to celebrate," I say. We raid Alli's freezer, and sit down to a day of movies and making reservations for the trip.

So... They're going to Vail! I have to agree with Liv, it's so cool in Vail. I kinda have to, she is based off of me, after all. Anyways, what do you think will happen in Vail? Will the group bond? Will Connor finally admit his feelings for Liv?