Chapter 21, Private Concert

I walked out of the room after getting dressed fully. I was going to get my make up from the guest bathroom when I was stopped by Chase.

  "Jared wantsto say something to you." He says as he holds Jared up by arm. He wasn't hurt or anything, "which surprised me. I knew Chase would do anything for me , and he knew that I didn't want him hurt, I never wanted anyone hurt. That's why I learned to read people well.

  "Katy, I'm sorry. I knew better , and I shouldn't have done that, ever. I know that it was wrong and I want you to know that I would never do it again." He says and he looks like he doesn't mean any of it, but I knew that saying it was all he was going to do, not like he would mean it.

  "Okay." I say as I walk past them. I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I started to cry again and soon heard a knock on the door.

  "Kathryn, Hun, are you okay?" Willa calls through it.

  "I wasn't born with enough middle fingers." I say may favorite Marilyn Manson quote, or aleast the one that was my favorite when I was upset. I get up and unlock the door, I go sit back on the potty,-yes I still say potty- she walks in and hugs me.

   "I know, Hun. I know." She says to comfort me. She starts to pet my hair. "I'm sorry. I wish that had never happened." She says hugging me tighter. I gave her a weak smile. "Let me help you with your make-up." 

  "Okay." I say handing her the bag. About 20 minutes later, we came out of the bathroom. I was happier than when I had gone in.

  I heard a whistle and looked to see Jaybee smiling at me. "We have a surprise for you." He says before walking away. Willa pushes me forward and walks behind me. I walk into the living room and see the couches and chairs pushed out of the way and Jonas's drums, Peter and Niclas's guitars, Jolle's Bass and Jaybee, Jolle and Niclas's mics. I cover my smile with my hands like I normally do and Jaybee comes up to me. "I thought you would like a private concert. We had one of the manger's workers bring over the stuff." he says and leans down to kiss me. He pulls way after a few seconds and asks. "What do you think?" 

  "Good thing the walls to the other apartments are sound proof!" I say before hugging him tightly.

    "Let's begin!" Niclas says after we all laugh.

  "This house is haunted by ghosts 

And they've been talking about us

Like vultures to the dead

They circle around us

And how I've been begging for air

But I'll just keep dreaming darlin'

And hope for the sun to draw

The dark from within us

Say it like you mean it

Then let us go, let us go

Act like you can't see them

Or this will be the death of us

Kiss me like you love me

Just one more time, one more time

And make-believe that I believe

That I sleep alone at night

I tried denying they are real

But I feel them tearing inside me

The preachers of the church

They're praying for me

Dead-eyed poltergeist, pitch black, so cold