Chapter 2, Dylan

I woke up that morning to the sound of my ringtone.

  "Hello?"

  "Hey, babe. Were you sleeping?'' Asks Dylan. I glance at Willa and Star, sleeping likebears during the winter. Then at the clock.

  I leave the room before asking, "What do you want, its 8:30."

  "Can we Talk, about us?" He asks sounding hopeful.

 "When, where, and why?" I ask knowing I will regret it.

  "I'm  on my way to your place, see you in a minute." He hung up and I just let him come over.

  "You don't have to talk to him, you know." Came Willa from the door way to my room.

  "I know." I sat on the couch, setting my elbows on my knees. "But you don't have to. scream at the TV either." I said as I placed my head in my hands.

  "Look." Willa I don't have to be here,I can take Star, and-"

  "Your staying. He doesn't know I moved. Unless Dylan doesn't do that sort of thing. Besides, Alex wont come here anyway. Just go back to sleep." I said knowing she knew i was sorry.

  "Okay. but I'm just a yell away if you need me."

  "Okay." She walks back to bedroom as i start thinking.............. 

                *** Kathryn's Flash Back***

  5 years ago. 

  "Let's go out. I need gas anyway, we could go somewhere." I suggested to Willa, the day after she turned 18.

  "Where?"

  "I don't know, you pick. We can go somewhere out of state, we are both 18 now."

  "Yeah, let's take a road trip! We need to get out of Arkansas!"

  "Okay,I have to pack. I'll come get you when I'm done!" I yell to her as I gather my stuff from last night. "Pack for a couple of days, maybe a week at the most. We are going to be there a while. Oh yeah, take a bathing suit!" I knew exactly where we were gonna go!

    Im disturbed from my flashback as I hear the knock on my door. I get up to answer it, forgetting all of my thoughts. There is Dylan, leaning against the door frame.

  "Are you gonna let me in, or are we just gonna stand here with your mouth open?" he says as I stare at him. I walk back into the couch, grumbling how i didn't had have my mouth open. I hear a soft click as closes the door and comes to sit next to me on the couch.

  We sit there quietly, waiting for the other to say something. I glance up at him, then go to turn on some music, I put my Falling in Reverse C.D. in and I'm Not a Vampire starts playing. " I'm not a vampire, but I feel like one, Sometimes I sleep all day, because I hate the suuunnn..." Dylan sings along.

  He smiles and stands up walking to me, "My hands are always shaking, body's always shaking, and the dark is when I feed." He sings as he hugs me. "And I can lower any woman that I want to in my bed, with me!"

  "No, you can't." I say, making him stop hugging me. I turn down the music. Remembering ALL of his efforts to try to.

  "I know......but hey, that's not what I wanted to talk about.

  "What are you here to say?" He sighed and grabbed my hand, taking me to sit next to him on the couch.

  "I want you back, I-" Right then Willa burst through my bedroom door.

  "OH HELL NO! YOU DON'T JST COME TO HER AFTER NOT TALKING TO HER FOR WEEKS. YOU ENDED IT AND HURT HER! YOUR LUCK I HAVEN'T KICKED YOUR ASS YET!"

  "Willa! Hey, your here?" Dylan turns to me. " You didn't say anyone was over."

"You didn't ask." I simply say.

  "YOU BET YOU ASS I'M HERE! YOU BETTER GO BEFORE I KICK YOUR MOTHER FUCKIN' ASS!"

  "Okay! I'm leaving!" Dylan says as he gets up to go. "Bye, Kathryn." He says as he walks out the door.

  "Willa! Really?! You didn't have to to do that!" I say, with conflicing emotions. 

  "Someone had to! you wouldn't have!" I sigh, knowing she's right.

  "Its 10," I say looking at the clock. "Let's get Star to school or where ever she has to go today."

  "Here call Kandy. She wanted to see or talk to Star today." Willa threw her phone on the couch next to me. "I'm going to take a shower and get ready." Willa walks out of the room and I dial Kandy's number.

 "Hello?" She picks up on the second ring. 

  "Hey, Kandy! Do you sill want to baby sit Star? Star wants to come really bad!" I said knowing Star would want to.

  "Yeah, Can you bring her here?"

  "Of course! Thanks Kandy!"

  "No problem Kathryn! I know Willa needs it! BUt I have to go. Talk to you girls when you get here!" She hangs up. What is it with people hanging up on my today?