Chapter 5, Xander (part 2)

"Its been a while. How are you, Xander" I ask not really caring. The last time I saw Xander, he had broken my heart.

  "I'm well. Hey, can we talk, in private?" He asks when Willa and Star go into the next room with Kandy.

  "I need to be back here but sure, why not?" I reply, texting WIlla that i was going to the park with Xander. "We are gonna go to the park. I now some trails we can take." I tell him.

  "Oh, of course. Is it close?" He asks sounding like he was surprised that I wanted to go to a park.

  "A few block away. It won't take long to get there." I say putting my phone and keys in my back pocket and walking out the door, to the park. He follows me and starts to talk.

  "I've missed you." He says.Well that's number 2 hearing someone missed me. "It's been years, we havn't even talked. If you ask anyone in Arkansas, I talk to you about a lot."

  "You have now?" I ask know the REAL answer. "That's sweet. And I haven't ever talk about you, sorry."

  "That's what I love about you, you say the truth, what's on your mind, anything."

  "Love? Wow i didn't know how strongly you felt about me." I smile as we pick a path and follow it."It's time you told me why you were here." I stop and start staring at him.

  "I'm here to," He sighs before finishing, "to sk you a question." He gets on one knee as he pullsout a box. "Kathryn, will you marry me?" He asks knowing it's a long shot." I know its sudden but I missed you and I always wanted to as and-"

  "I'm so sorry but I can't, no won't, marry you. I haven't seen you in years and I can't just leave my life here and go back, nor can you stay. It is silly to ask unless you plan on staying or I plan on leaving. I know you knew Kandy before I did. She asked If i knew you. She said you told her about me." I siad knowing I was rambling, but not caring. "I have the same number, just cal me." I say before runniong back to Kandy's, trying not to cry. I was about to call Willa before i got there but I keep running. When I got there, I ran inside, but was stopped by Willa.

  "What's wrong? Did he hurt you?" She asks worry clear on her face.

  "No, no or course not." I say."Let me go inside and fix my make-up so we can go. You pick where and just put it in the GPS.