Chapter Eighteen

I know I shouldn't be hurt, he's not my mate but I couldn't help feel the pain in my heart. What the hell is wrong with you Mia? Pull yourself together! I was so angry at myself but I knew it was probably just the spell that damn witch put on me that was making me react this way. Tears raised in my eyes and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't stop them.

I watched as the blonde bimbo kissed his cheek and walked away. His eyes found mine as he looked over and caught eyes with me, seeing the tears spill out of my eyes.I let his jacket fall out of my arms and land on the ground then I ran, ran as fast as I could towards the door, using wolf speed, I went the opposite direction that I came.

I kept running down a different hall towards a large door, opening it, it leads to the back garden. I stepped outside, breathing in the nice fresh air. Since I haven't had any fresh air all day, it was nice. I walked over to a bench in the middle of the grass that looked out to the water and sat down, enjoying the view. But I just couldn't stop crying, it was like someone else was controlling my emotions. I sat there for about five minutes, crying heavily and thinking. I didn't even notice anyone come up behind me until he sat beside me. I didn't even have to look to know it was Damon because of his scent. He put his arm on the back of the bench, trying to wrap it around me.

"Don't touch me." I snapped, swatting his arm away from me like it was a disease. Because technically it was, especially after touching that walking STD of a blonde bimbo.

"Look Mia I'm sorry." he leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees. I struggled to believe his words, he loved hurting me and I didn't see this as any different. I took a few deep breaths to try and calm myself down.

I wanted to shout at him, ask what his stupid witch did to me because quite honestly I wasn't feeling like Mia right now.

"What?" I shouted, "Is having sex with your mate not good enough that you have to go to some skank to get some?" I retort my words dripping with venom as I stared at the ocean ahead of me, not daring to look at him. I didn't even care about being punished for the way I was speaking right now I was just so angry.

He sighed, he seemed pretty calm for once "The only reason I went to her was because I was still really really angry at you. Sometimes my wolf and my alpha side just gets so angry and I can't control it. I needed release, I didn't want to hurt you again, I dont want to hurt you." He tells me his voice calm as he reached up and moves a piece of hair away from my face.

I didn't know how to react, he has never been like this before. I was assuming he was just own it and say I didn't satisfy him enough so he needed someone else. I moved my gaze from the ocean to look at him. "So your pretty much took your anger out on her through sex?" I asked the tears now stopping but my cheeks were red, tear stained.

"Yeah and I'm sorry." he whispered which made my eyes widen in shock. He has never said sorry before and for a split second I even contemplated if he had changed. I pulled my legs up to my chin as he put his arms around me. My body subconsciously rested my head on his shoulder. See now I'm even hugging him, my moods were all over the place today, either I was getting a serious case of Stockholm syndrome or this witch defiantly did something.

But at least Damons being nice. Right? For once.

__________________________

(Photo) The Bench