Chapter Three

I could hear people talking around me, but I could not understand what they were saying. I tried so hard to open my eyes but I just couldn't, it was like they were someone else's eyes. I focused on the voices I heard around me, they began to become clearer and clearer, but still my eyes stayed stuck together.

"She will be fine, just give her some time Alpha." I knew instantly that they were talking to my father.

I heard his loud, monstrous growl erupt through the room. "Whenever I find out who did this to her..", he paused and let out an exasperated sigh "I will kill them." The seriousness in his tone terrified me. My father was a scary guy, daughter or not.

I moaned. I needed to wake up; I hated not being able to speak. I put all my effort into trying to move my hand, finally, after what felt like hours it finally moved. My father gasped at my action and I felt him move towards me to stand at the side of the bed. He placed his hand over mine, squeezing lightly.

"Are you awake honey?" he asked me. I couldn't reply, my mouth did not feel like co-operating with me. Damn! This is so frustrating.

The next thing I know, my eyes fluttered open.

Am I dead? My vision was full of black. This means my werewolf senses are not functioning correctly. Damn. I looked around to see a small light beside me, there was a window overlooking the horizon as the sun was rising. It was a beautiful sight; I didn't want to take my eyes away from it. I wanted to wake up to this every morning. My daze was interrupted by the feeling of being watched, the rest of the room was in complete blackness, I couldn't see but I shook the feeling off. I soon came to the conclusion that I am still in the hospital.

Stupid ass of a mate, this is exactly why I don't want one. If I was punched by a human it wouldn't not have affected me at all. A female werewolf would have left me with a bruise, a male werewolf would have broke my jaw but the fact that I was hit by a male alpha...you put the pieces together.

Deciding to get out of this bed, I throw my legs off the side of the bed; I wince as the pain in my head thunders. My senses increase and I take a deep breath. My vision repairs itself and I see around the room. Finally, I really don't know how humans function with their damn eyesight and hearing.

A large growl and bang erupted throughout the room "Lay back down on that bed, right now!" my father growled at me as he stormed through the large double doors. He was angry. My father is not the type of man you want to mess with, daughter or not, so I listened to what he said and got back into bed.

"Father, where am I?" I asked, averting his attention elsewhere.

"You are in the pack house with the doctor; you have been in coma for over twenty-four hours." He walked towards me and sat on the edge of the bed. "Who did this to you? I know it was a male alpha; nobody else could do this damage. No one messes with my baby girl and gets away with it!" he placed his hand on mine but I knew that I could not tell him, if I did Damon would be dead within seconds and although I don't want him as a mate, it would still kill me.

"Umm, can I go home now?" I really didn't want to be here, I wanted to be at my own house. I should be studying for my exams soon but no, I am stuck here thanks to Damon.

"Fine, go sort yourself out, there is a bathroom over there." He pointed to the door in the corner of the room and walked out, leaving me alone. I don't even know where the damn bathroom is in my own pack house.

I went into the bathroom, staring into the mirror I had a couple of bruises on my face and my hair was a mess. I turned on the water and splashed a bit on my face, the ice cold water made me feel refreshed.

*

My father left me home about three hours ago and he told me that he would come back to check up on me around 6:30pm. His constant questions about who did this to me was totally getting on my nerves. It is currently 6:00pm and I am lounging on my sofa, with my iPhone in hand. I had three messages, two from Adriana and another from a Unknown Number.

TO MIA - FROM ADRIANA
Where the hell are you? You didn't come back to class?
You better call me when you get this girl, are you ok?

TO MIA - FROM UNKOWN NUMBER
I will come and see you soon, you will listen to me baby.

Damon. I knew automatically it was him. I tried to ignore it; I switched the TV on to Adventure Time. Yeah, I know I'm a big kid but hey, don't judge. I looked down through my contact list, pressing call on Adriana. After three rings she finally picks up.

"He-" before I could finish my word, she cut me off.

"What the hell happened to you? Where the damn hell did you go? Are you ok?" again she threw the questions at me, this girls got problems.

"Adriana I am fine, I just had a little accident but I'm fine. I will explain everything to you tomorrow, I promise." a knock came to my door, "look I have to go, there is someone at my door. I will see you tomorrow, bye." I hung up before she could say anything and went to answer the door.

It was so hot; I was wearing a tight vest top and small booty shorts. I didn't really care. I opened the door, just as I was about to look at the caller, they burst through the door. They pushed me back and slammed the door closed with their foot.

Oh shit...I know those eyes. It was Damon.

"I am so sorry Mia, I didn't mean to hit you." He moved a strand of hair away from my face and pushed me against the wall. He was really hurting me, his large body was squashing me.

"Get the fuck away from me you absolute dickhead! Don't ever touch me again!" I growled angrily at him. Pushing with all my strength against his body, I tried to get him off me but it was no use.

"You are my mate, you will obey every single word I say and you will not dare reject me again! If your little ass does not come willingly then I will fucking make you!" he snarled at me, like a cat hisses.

I used all of my alpha strength and pushed against his body, he moved away from me slightly, just far enough for me to slip through.

"As far as I am concerned I am not your damn mate and I will NEVER do anything you fucking say! I already rejected you so get out of my house!" I shouted back. I hate this man more than I hate fucking carrots!

He threw me to the floor, kicking my stomach "You will do as I say or you will be punished, I don't care if you reject me, I will still fucking get you!" he kept kicking, punching and even spiting on me. He started shouting mean things at me until my front door slammed open.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing to my daughter!" my big angry alpha father stood in the doorway and if looks could kill, Damon would be dead by now.

If only...

_________________

(Photo) Damon Gilmore!