Chapter Five

"I can't say it here, come somewere more private." She stood up, I followed suit. We walked out of the shopping centre, going around the corner to where nobody was around.

"Okay, now tell me what you were going to say Adriana." I tapped my foot impatiently. She sighed, closing her eyes and mouth, she didn't move a muscle. I just stood there staring at her. Her eyes and mouth shot open so fast, I didn't know if I was imagining it or not.

Her eyes were bright red, her pupils dilating and her white, sharp thangs sparkled in the light. No.

"I'm a vampire!" she spoke, closing her eyes again and then re-opening them so that they returned back to her normal colour. As some of you may know, vampires and werewolves don't get along, my parents said I wasnt allowed to be friends with you after I told you." she smiled sadly at me.

"What! I don't understand Adriana. We have been best friends for so long, how can this happen!" I couldn't hold back my tears any longer.

*

Five days have past since I found out about Adriana being a vampire. I have spoken to her alot more than I expected. I haven't heard anything from Damon since my father had caught him hitting me.

I was going back to school today after my little break, I didn't want to go back incase I have a run in with Damon.

DingDong - I ran downstairs to answer the door.

"Hey Mia!" I was lifted off the floor and pulled into a large hug.

"Put me down Luke! I can't breath you idiot." I laughed while he put me down. Grabbing my satchel for school, I locked my front door and together we walked to my car and jumped in.

What if he's here and try's to do something, he's much stronger than me and all of the other werewolves in the school, he's a male alpha.

"Stop over thinking Mia, everything is going to be fine." he grabbed my hand, it was just then I relised I was shaking.

"Ok, let's just get this day over with." I smiled and we jumped out of the car.

I was thankful that I had English first. It means that Damon wouldn't try anything because Mr Baker is a pretty scary guy and Damon is smart enough not to out us to the humans.

I made my way to my locker to get my English book. Someone tugged me into a classroom, my heart stopped. Damon.

I couldn't even look at the mysterious person. Their lips were on me. It felt so good, like it was meant to be. I couldn't bring myself to pull away from him. In this moment I felt like I was on cloud nine, even though I hated this man with a passion. He finally pulled away from me. I looked up too see a set of piercing eyes staring back at me.

"Hello Miss Spence." two sparkling brown eyes stared back at me.

Oh god! It wasn't even Damon!

"Mr Baker." I stated shocked.

___________________

(Photo) Adriana as a Vampire!