Chapter 37

Sasuke's name is called first for the prelims. He's going up against some sound ninja, and he's losing. Badly. The sound ninja launches another punch straight into Sasuke's gut, sending him flying. God dammit, Sasuke. If you lose, there's no chance for the rest of us!

"Is this all the Uchiha's are made of?" Naruto shouts. What? "What right do you have to carry their name?" Naruto's... Cheering him on. But not in the normal way, he's making him angry... Maybe Naruto's got the right idea here.

I look back to Sasuke, lying broken and bloodied on the floor. I can't hold it in. I lurch forward, hanging over the rails, and scream as loud as I can. "C'mon, Sasuke! Don't you have a dream? How're you gonna beat him if you can't even beat this wimp?"

Sasuke's eyes flash open. I can barely see the red of the sharingan, but I know they're there. His fighting goes up from there, but as he continues to fight, a small mark on the base of his neck begins to spread. What the hell is that thing?

He eventually wins, but he's exhausted and falls to the floor. His breathing is heavy and shallow, I can hear it up on the balcony. That can't be good. Kakashi rushes to his side along with a few medical ninja and a stretcher. Hold in there, Sasuke. You'll be fine.

As soon as Sasuke's out of the room, everyone's attention turns back to the large board to see who's fighting next. Someone named Akira Okimura is going up against me. Well, Akira Okimura, you're going down.