Chapter 6

We continue our journey for a while before meeting yet another challenge. Most wouldn't consider this a challenge, but Naruto would.

We're walking down a small path when Naruto throws a kunai into a bush. It's obvious that there's nothing there so everybody get angry at him. Does that stop him from doing it again? Of course not. He throws yet another kunai into a different bush and nearly hits a rabbit. But, he may have actually done something right this time. The rabbit is white even thought it's the middle of summer, meaning it's been kept in captivity most likely to be used in a substitution justu...

"Duck!" Kakashi screams.

I immediately drop to the ground as a large blade digs into the tree right next to us. A man is standing on it. His face is covered in bandages and he has cow patterned arm and leg warmers. On his forehead he has a headband for the Village Hidden in the Mist. He stands with his bare back turned towards us.

"Zabuza Momochi, huh?" Kakashi ponders. "Rogue ninja of the Village Hidden in the Mist."

Naruto gets a crazy idea and runs at him only to be stopped by Kakashi. "Step back. He's at a whole different level. You'll only get in the way. I'm going to need this to fight him." He lifts his headband to reveal a long scar running over his closed left eye.

"Kakashi of the sharingan, the copy ninja of the Village Hidden in the Leaves, I've been wanting to get you for a while now." That's kind of creepy, Zabuza...

"Everyone, manji formation! Guard the bridge builder and say out of this fight!"

I move to my position, guarding the back of Tazuna, trying my best not to say anything that will get me killed.

A mist begins to form around us and Zabuza leaps from his sword, grabbing it as he goes, and lands on the water of the lake beside us.

"He's standing on the water!" Sakura yells.

"No dip, smarty!" I shout back at her angrily. "He's just focusing his chakra to his feet. It's quite simple once you understand how it works."

"You have four students?" Zabuza snarls. "I wouldn't have noticed had the last one spoken up. Way to ruin you're advantage, genius."

This makes me angry. I can feel my blood boiling, getting faster and faster with each passing second. I can feel the control I have over my body slowly slipping away. I do my best to keep my mouth shut and stay in formation, but I can't help myself.

"You're making fun of a pitiful genin me when an elite jonin assassin such as yourself couldn't even see me standing right in front of you?" I shout, turning to see him on the water, building chakra. "I think that says something about the quality of ninja you have in your village. If you're the top, then all the others must be brain dead!"

The visible part of his face goes red with anger. "You insolent brat! I change my mind! You'll be the first to die!"

The control I have over my body vanishes instantly. A coat of black chakra forms over my body, covering me completely. I feel nothing except for a lust for blood. I lunge at Zabuza who seems to be staring at me, shocked.

"What the hell is that thing?" Naruto screams behind me as Zabuza swings at me with his blade. I dodge it and land behind him, latching my claws into his back just as he jumps away. I leave a trail of scratches as his body rips away from my newly formed claws.

"I- I think," Kakahi stutters, "It's Ayaka."

Zabuza and I continue to fight for quite some time, each of us getting in some pretty good shots. Zabuza got me with his sword in my stomach which normally would have killed me, but because of my protective coat of chakra, it barely did anything.

Zabuza hits me with his blade once again, sending me flying backwards. I land a little but behind Kakashi.

"Ayaka!" He yells. "You have to stop this! I can handle him!"

My gaze turns to Kakashi and I snarl. How dare he get in the way of my fight. I run forward and bring my claws down on him before he can do anything about it. He falls to the ground, weak and pathetic.

I turn back to Zabuza and am about to release a deadly attack before something hits him in the neck and he falls to the ground, just like Kakashi.

I stare for a second before I feel a sharp pain in my side and black out.