Chapter 30

Things have been awkward with me and Sasuke since I got back, but the other two have forgiven me. It's been a day since then and we still have no idea what we're doing.

We're running through the forest when Naruto stops us. "Guys!" He shouts.

I stop and nearly fall off the branch I'm on. My ankle is still bothering me and jumping through trees isn't helping, but I don't want them to know. I can handle it. "What do you want, Naruto?" I ask bitterly.

"I really need to use the bathroom."

"Good for you, Naruto." I really can't deal with this now. I leap ahead a few branches before my ankle gives out. I let out a shout of pain. Shit.

"Ayaka!" Sakura shouts. She rushes to my side. "Are you alright?

"I'm fine," I say through clenched teeth. "I just tripped. No big deal." I try to stand up, but fail. "Fine, maybe we do need a bathroom break."

A wide smile spreads across Naruto's face and he begins to unzip his pants.

"Dude!" I shout at him. He looks at me oddly and I gesture to the rest of the woods, telling him silently that I don't want to see his business get done. He leaps away into the forest, shaking like a mad man.

"We should get out of the trees," Sasuke suggests. "And you need to rest your ankle."

"Whatever you say, jerk hole."

We're resting in the clearing below us, we there's a shuffling in the bushes nearby. Naruto steps out. Well, not Naruto, but a very poor imitation of Naruto. Somebody sucks at transformation justus.

"Hey guys," Fakie calls. "What'd I miss?"

"Your chance to run." I sprint at Fakie, a kunai in my hand.

"W- What are you doing?" Sakura asks.

"He's not Naruto," Sasuke explains, getting up from his seat on the ground.

Fakie puts readies himself for my attack, but I change my plan as soon as I get to him. I leap in the air and bring my foot down right on the top of his head. He crumples to the ground and the illusion breaks.

"How'd you know he was a fake?" Sakura questions.

"Naruto's right handed. This guy isn't." I bend down and pick up the limp body below me.

"Where are you going with that?" Sasuke demands.

"I'm gonna have some fun."

After placing the man on a large branch of a tree, I return to our clearing where all of team seven is waiting for me.

"Alright," Sasuke says. "After what just happened, it's obvious that we need to have some sort of password to make sure that that doesn't happen again."

Sasuke continues on and gives us this really long saying about when a ninja strikes. Nice password. There's no way Naruto is going to remember that. Of course, I'm not going to either.

A low howling sound comes from deeper in the forest. "What is that?" I ask, standing up.

A tunnel of wind shoots through the clearing knocking my off my feet and sending me flying off to the side. My leg hits a tree and I fall to the ground. The pain in my ankle skyrockets. Thank goodness I was smart enough to kick Fakie with my other foot, because God dammit this hurts!

I limp my way back to the clearing where Sasuke and Sakura are waiting for me. Sasuke is the first to notice me. "Ayaka! Don't come closer before you answer this question. When does a ninja strike?"

"Do you seriously expect me to answer that?"

"Yes, I do," Sasuke says sternly.

"Ugh. Well, I don't know when a ninja strikes. But can't we just agree on how stupid it would be for someone to try and impersonate me? I'd be going psycho monster thing on them by now. And how is someone else supposed to know about that? I've only told Team 7, no one else."

Sasuke huffs and lets me enter the little team gathering area. Naruto comes in next.

"When does a ninja strike?" Sasuke demands.

Naruto responds with some very poetic answer. Either that blast hit him in the head and made him smart, or someone taking his place. I'm gonna guess the latter, just because Naruto could never be smart. I doesn't fit him.

Sasuke seems to have caught the imposter as well, seeing as he launches a kunai at him. Naruto dodges skillfully. Yup. Definitely not Naruto.

"What was that for?" Poser shouts in Naruto's voice.

"You're not Naruto," Sasuke growls.

"But I got the password right!"

"That's what tipped me off. I purposely chose a password the real Naruto could never remember to trick anyone who might be listening in."

Wow. Sasuke's got some brain in that noggin of his.

Poser smiles evilly. "Good job, Sasuke." His long tongue slinks out of his mouth and licks his lips. "Let's have some fun, shall we?"