Chapter 14

I smile into his shoulder. "Thank you, Naruto." Yeah, thanks for access to the back of your neck. How hard would it be to plunge a knife through there? Let's find out, friend.

I bring the knife down, nearly plunging it into his neck when it's knocked out of my hand. A body slams into me, knocking me out of Naruto's grasp and pinning me on the ground.

I struggle under the weight of the last Uchiha, but he doesn't budge. I can tell my efforts are futile and give up, deciding to glare at him menacingly instead. His cold black eyes glare straight back. He's trying to look into my soul, to find the me he used to know. But she's gone on a permanent vacation.

Something flashes through my mind and I have a strong urge to say it, although I don't quite know what it means. I pull my head up close to his ear and whisper into it, "The hawk always beats the snake in the end."

He stares at me, confused. His eyes tell me all the questions running through his head. What does that mean? Are you under the control of that monster? What's happening to you? To us?

"We should knock her out and get her back to Tazuna's. We can question her when she wakes back up." Kakashi's still there and still in charge.

"Should we really knock her out?" Naruto questions, "Can't we just trust her to not do that again? We all know it was the beast, right?" Naruto, just a naïve as ever.

"I suggest going with Naruto's idea," I interject, "You can trust me. It was the beast's doing after all."

"You have no say in this," Sasuke growls. "Let's go with Kakshi's idea."

"You're so smart, Sasuke!" And you're such a bitch, Sakura. "You always know what to do!"

"Alrighty then," Kakashi says lazily, shuffling through his pouch for something. "Ayaka," he bends down next to my head. Drink this." Wow, that's definitely going to work.

I take the potion in my mouth, but immediately spit it on Sasuke's face. "Dammit," he mutters. "Kakashi, give it to me. I've got an idea." Kakashi fills the boy's mouth with the sapphire blue liquid. He leans in closer to me and I realize what he's doing. Oh, hell no!

I struggle more against his grip, shaking my head back and forth. His head moves quickly and his lips lock with mine. My mouth opens with shock and the liquid leaks in. I unintentionally swallow, feeling the effects start.

I completely lose consciousness right after hearing Sakura scream, "Sasuke! How could you!"