Chapter Thirteen - It's a done deal!

Arriving outside Julie's modelling agency I stand fixated with fascination, staring up at the glass building before me, briefly glancing at my reflection. Now, I wouldn't say I'm vain but I have noticed that I do seem to check my reflection whenever this job is involved. Letting out a deep sigh, I turn around and give Ruby a small wave as she snaps a picture of me on her iPhone. I giggle then I take my first step towards my future. It's weird because I feel like walking in, in slow-motion saying "one small step for Cheska but one giant leap for Frankie" in a deep spaceman-styled voice.

I walk past the security desk where a rugged security guard was sitting with his shiny hench black boots resting on the desk. I sent a polite smile his way before rushing into the elevator before the doors could close. Usually people take the piss out of the music in this kind of environment, but as it was classical I had no complaints. In fact, it probably helped settle my nerves and helped me to relax - no doubt because on some level it reminded my unconscious of Luke. Within a couple of minutes the elevator had reached the tenth floor. Unfortunately I was greeted by none other than Janice, the wanna-be snooty receptionist who was oh so quick to judge me the last time we met.

"Hi, I'm here to see Julie...she's expecting me, my name is Francheska. Could you please let her know I've arrived, I'll just take a seat over there". I oozed confidence as i casually strutted over to one of the available seats and shot Janice a sickeningly sweet smile.

The skinny girl that occupied one of the other seats let a small chuckle escape her lips "you should have seen the look on Janice's face when you were walking over here" she whispered.

I aimed my attention towards the girl who was clearly stunning in an unconventional way. She had raven black straight hair and bright green eyes, although she was skinny and probably about 6foot tall (as her legs seemed to go on for miles), she seemed to be genuinely interested in making conversation with me, unlike the other models here that I've seen walking around the office.

"I'm Chloe...Chloe Swoon" she held out her hand, which I was obliged to return the gesture "hi, I'm Francheska Mayson-Scott".

She smiled "well Francheska, not many people would have done that to Janice...although most people here actually like her for some reason".

"I have my reasons...I'm not usually like that but she looks at me like she's better than me" I scoffed causing Chloe to instantly giggle "she thinks the same about me. I think she just doesn't like new models here".

"Oh so your new here too?" I queried instantly feeling slightly relieved.

"Relatively, I got signed last year by Vinny, he signs all the girls once Julie approves of them".

I shoot Chloe a confused glance "oh really? I've never met him..."

"What never? Then who signed you?" Chloe asked sharing my confused expression.

"Julie...well actually not yet...that's what I'm here for today, to make it official" I smile awkwardly.

Her expression changed from confusion to instant realisation "SHUT UP! So your the one everyone's been gossiping about!"

"Umm excuse me?" I moved to the seat next to Chloe so that she didn't feel the need to shout so everyone could hear.

"We'll the firm has this massive account they need a model for but according to Julie no one was suitable for the job. Vinny found several girls for Julie to approve but she wasn't happy with any of them. Then, Julie announces to Vinny that she interviewed a girl she found herself and they both agreed that she was the best one for the job!"