Chapter Five: Luke's POV

There she was. She's lying on the grass looking so peaceful...so beautiful. God I had forgotten how hot she was.

Last time I had seen her was whilst I was at work. For once I was grateful that i took the tedious job. It wasn’t that I needed the money at all, but I took it for the sense of independence it gives me. It may come a bit of a shock, but I hate feeling as if everything can just be handed to me. Everyone works hard, earns their money and respect - I don't see why I'm any different. But last week thanks to my job, I had met Frankie. She isn't like other girls I've met. Usually when I speak to them, they look at me, know who I am and treat me as if I'm Mr Money-bags. Frankie was so refreshing as she walked up to me and just treated me like any other worker there...like a normal bloke. I knew I made her feel a bit nervous because she was blushing when we spoke. Then again that may have been because her friend shouted something out to her...I don't know I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings - I was too focused on the natural beauty in front of me.

It must have been a case of being in the right place at the right time, because her friend, Ruby, had devised a plan to get us talking. I would normally have ignored her but there was just something about Frankie that instantly made me agree. I'm surprised that it has worked if I'm honest. Frankie and I have been texting for the past few days and now...there she is. I know you may be thinking its a bit of a coincidence but in fact, truthfully, it's not. Ruby texted me saying where she was about two minutes ago and seen as its my free period I ran straight over. its weird...I ran, to meet a girl. Usually they do all the running - this is all new to me.

Once I got close enough, I realised she was actually sleeping...her golden tanned skin was radiant in the sunlight. Her long toned legs where spread out straight in front of her. As I gazed up her perfectly sculptured body, past her ample chest, I was transfixed on her delicate features. I wanted to have some time with her to myself, I knew Ruby would be along within a matter of minutes. so I had to wake her; although, I did consider just watching her for a little longer.

I cleared my throat in an attempt to wake her gently and clear my thoughts of her. She wasn't helping my 'situation' as she looked up at me with darkened blue eyes, groaning...oh what I want to do with you...I tried to suppress my recent developing feelings by repeating my attempt but louder this time - it had worked, maybe a little too well as she shot up with surprise. In that moment, I felt an urge to ask her about who or what she was dreaming of to make her make those noises. Ignoring my thoughts I took a place next to her. The wind blew thrusting her scent in my direction...it was intoxicating. I wanted to move closer, but I didn't want to scare her away. (I was just found staring at her and I didn't make any attempt to deny it). She was literally making me feel 'hot under the collar' I never had really fully believed that was possible, until now. I was sure it was her and not the summer heat, because I never felt like this whilst at any of our holiday homes in the tropics. I loosened my shirt allowing the breeze to help my concentration focus on the conversation rather than on a developing "issue" shall we say.

For the next few moments we idly spoke about my upcoming party. Sounding slightly desperate I tried to discover whether she would be there or not. Idiot - could you be any more obvious?!

By this point Ruby was already here...it felt like no time at all, I could have listened to Frankie all day. It was then that Frankie said something that was like music to my ears - she wasn't too happy about Ruby's sudden appearance. As relief washed through me I couldn't suppress laughter, which seemed to amuse Frankie to some extent. Alike Frankie, my mates had bad timing too as James shouts me over to play a game of football that I couldn't refuse. Trying my best not to sir-come to temptation and look back. I told myself as reassurance - Ill see her soon...

           ********************************

James immediately questions my recent encounter "Hey mate, who were you talking to?"

"Oh just a girl I met last week..." I didn't give too much away because I'm not too sure about what was going on in my head at the moment. Plus I didn't want my mates to take too much of an interest in Frankie, because no guy would be able to resist a girl like that.

"Ahh cool, she coming to your party?"

Reluctantly I had no choice but to let information slip "yeah, I think so".

"...maybe you could introduce us..." James smirked.

My mind went blank, "I don't see why not..." until a little light went on giving me a quick decoy "...I don't know if she's bringing her boyfriend or not though". Brilliant Luke - put the idea out of his head now I told myself.

"Ahh ok...never mind mate, let's go find Jack and Elliot". It seemed as if James had already pushed the thought of her away, well...for now.