Chapter Twelve: Dreams can come true

"Francheska Mayson-Scott is this years hot teen. A ordinary girl from London has become the next modelling sensation. Former model Julie Winters, signed Francheska after noticing her potential just two years ago and now is the manager of one of the most demanded models the fashion world has seen in years. Watch this space! Thank you, I'm Regina Mathews, TLC News".

Wow, I couldn't believe it. Little old me has managed to make it, I've actually done it and I've exceeded everyone's expectations. I turned the TV off and headed up stairs to get ready - I was meeting Luke, my perfect boyfriend, as we have a TV appearance later promoting a charity that I'm spokes person for. Ahhhh this is the life... I was doing my make up when someone began to call for me, I turned around but no one was there - "that's odd" I murmured. The voice seemed to be persistent and then I felt myself falling into darkness...

*******************

I heard a faint noise, a familiar voice that I just about managed to make out what was being said "Frankie...." I began to stir.

"FRANKIE!!!" By this point mum began to shake me awake.

"NOOOOOO...." I attempted to settle back into my dream ensuring that my head was now secured under the Duvet away from the bright light coming in from my window and mums shrill tone.

"Francheska this is not the time. Get up. Ruby will be here in a few hours and you still have chores to do before you can go out" she stood firm with her hands grounded on her hips.

"FINNEEE. I'm up....UGHH" I wrenched the covers off of me and stared up at mum. I couldn't help that I hated being woken up - mum knew this. Like I have always said "don't poke the bear with a stick, because you will just piss it off". In this scenario, I was the bear and mum was clearly poking me. Once my eyes had adjusted to the light I tried to improve mums mood towards my reaction "Morning mumma! what's the time anyway?" I asked groggily wiping sleep from my eyes.

Mum cracked a smile "oh it's only 11am...I'm guessing you want lunch then" she chuckled.

"Naaaa...but brunch is fine with me! Love you!" I beamed before slowly making my way towards the bathroom.

I eventually began to make my way down stairs, where I was met with the unforgettable sweet smell of pancakes and waffles. Mum usually only cooks these for me on my birthday or because she is trying desperately to improve my mood. Something must be up... "Mummm... What's happened?"

"Happened? Nothing...not that I know of. Can't I cook my favourite daughter pancakes?" She smiled sweetly...too sweetly.

I placed I hands on my hips and narrowed my eyes "mum. I'm your only daughter..."

"...and don't you forget it!" She giggled "ok...so I know that you haven't heard from that modelling woman. She's blind! Of course you should have got signed!"

I couldn't believe it how did she know? ...ruby? "I don't know what your on about but thanks for the pancakes!"

"You're my daughter. I'm not stupid... Plus I found your portfolio under your bed the other day with the letter in when I was collecting your washing". Typical - nosy bugger I thought to myself knowing I should never underestimate my mother in the future.

"Ahh...well...it doesn't matter. I don't need the job, but it would have been nice to know that I'm good enough". My posture began to sag resulting in my nosy-but-oh-so-sweet mother to let out a deep sigh.

"Sweetie...you are good enough. Your beautiful. Come on once you have done the washing up and hoovered the living room you can go out shopping with Ruby and buy yourself something nice". She gently placed a kiss on my forehead before retreating back towards the stove. I let out a small smile and continued to eat the heavenly food "thanks mum".