Chapter Ten:My first date went a little like this...

Chapter 10: My first date went a little like this...

Last week at Luke's party things could not have gone better. We haven't seen each other much since (only the once around campus), but that didn't seem to change the way I felt about him...or the way I think I feel about him. This morning I had received a text from Luke I could not help but read it again checking I hadn't just imagined it.

'Hey Frankie, want to come over later about 12pm? You can pick up your bag you left in the cinema and have our date. Hope you haven't forgotten ;) L x'

After about five minutes of 'playing it cool' I texted him back saying I would be there, although I couldn't remember leaving anything behind.

I'm finally ready, dressed in my skinny jeans, a daisy printed t-shirt and converse. It's simple but a classic teen look. Today I needed to feel comfortable so I can relax, I sigh in realisation I haven't relaxed in so long. After throwing my hair up in a semi-stylish messy bun and slapping on some makeup to hide any imperfections. Heading out the door with an apple in hand, I jump into 'the pea' that Ruby insisted that I used today after fixing her stupid 'break-up' with Chase.

I pull out my phone and let Luke know that I haven't changed my mind; 'See you soon I'm on my way F x'

I also sent a quick text to Ruby seen as I promised to keep her updated; ‘Heading over to Luke’s now, i’ll text you when I’m back home. Eeek!! Love YA! Xxx’

                  *********************

I had just pulled into his driveway with memories of the week before flooding back. I gradually make my way towards his house on foot, until I found myself gawking at his body. He was there, he was perfect, and he knew he was attractive but managed not to come across as entirely arrogant. His muscles flexed as he reached for the sponge to wash his car and sweat was glistening on his torso. It seemed so unnecessary for him to have removed his shirt but I thanked God for him making that decision. It made my knees turn to jelly...it made me experience something different, something that was satisfying; as parts of me began to tingle...I was watching in anticipation. I was watching him...my mouth became dry and I swallowed hard. Control yourself I needed to get away or I would collapse from this feeling. I saw my escape route as his front door was wide-open "Hey Luke! I'm going inside!" I escaped the beautiful sight but a part of me wanted to turn back, but I settled for a sneaky look over my shoulder. He placed the sponge in the bucket, reached for his shirt hanging from his pocket and began to follow me inside. I could feel the heat between us despite the fact that we were metres apart.

He made his way into the living room and casually leaned against the doorframe, sadly with his shirt back on. I stood in the centre taking in my surroundings. Several sofas filled the floor space and a glass coffee table was placed in the middle of the seating arrangement, with an elegant glass vase filled with several fresh lilies. There was also a large flat screen TV between several family portraits that were darted around the vast expanse of wall. One particular portrait that demanded attention was located above the grand fireplace; it was of a dapper man with a familiar sense of charm seated, with a beautiful busty blond woman standing just to the side, whilst a very smartly dressed baby boy sat on the fathers’ knee with piercing blue eyes.

It was clear that those eyes belonged to Luke; they were the same as the woman's who I expect is his mother. At such a young age, he had a charming smile that would have caused his parents to have some difficulty in rejecting his demands; his father had the same smile, looking as if they were partners in crime.