Chapter Seventeen: Poser

With my antics from earlier pushed aside, I arrived on set at the warehouse with a little bit of newly found confidence and the good part of an hour to spare much to Vinny's delight.
"Darling Francheska you are here! Come, follow me and we will get you into hair and make up early." He started to guide me to a section of the studio kitted out with an isle of those mirrors you expect to see in fancy celebrity dressing rooms, each with a chair positioned parallel to. He pushed me down into one of the chairs that had the name, my name, "Francheska" printed boldly on the back. I smiled feeling my excitement bubble within me, 'in no less than four hours I would have completed my first professional photoshoot.'

"Thank you Vinny, when will I be able to meet the photographer?" I stated professionally.

He quickly checked his watch "I'll send her in while your getting your hair done. Now if you excuse me I must go supervise the set. This is the first time in my career that a model has shown up before the set was finished." He chuckled somewhat unbelievably.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to slow things down. Next time ill arrive a little later".

He chuckled lightly swatting the idea away with his hand "no my dear, it's a testament to your professionalism and dedication! Julie will be more than pleased to hear!" He clasped his hands together "the set should be finished in a little over twenty minutes so do not fear, for Vinny is here!" He exclaimed with pride.
I giggled "yes, Vincent the magnificent has it all under control. Ill be here if you need me..."

"You say all the right things Francheska, now I must dash. Ill leave you in the capable hands of Melanie. Ciao!"

Melanie shuffled towards me once Vinny had left. This small slightly plump young woman had a perfectly styled blond bob, slightly olive skin and dark brown eyes that held kindness in them. She was assigned the position by Julie to be my personal hair and makeup artist, and by the look of her extensive vanity cases she was definitely well equipped to fill any brief. I held my hand out to take one of her cases off of her as she looked as if she was struggling "let me take that" I softly smiled.

"Thankyou..." She let go of one of the cases so I could take it and place it on the dresser. I held out my hand "I'm Francheska Mayson-Scott".

The newly employed young stylist smiled sweetly "and I'm Melanie Harlow" she shook my hand firmly before I took my seat and made sure to stay there until Melanie had finished setting up.

Melanie placed her hands on my shoulders "Right, are you ready for your first look?"

"Yes...and Melanie please call me Frankie. We will be working together for quite some time - well I hope so anyway" I chuckled trying to hide my slight moment of insecurity.

"Only as long as you call me Mel" she winked and then started extracting the required cosmetics from her cases as she began to transform me for the very first time.

We made idle chit-chat as we tried to get to know each other a little more. After what seemed like no time at all I had warmed towards Mel, she had a genuine Ora that was very slightly masked by her professional position. I suppose we were going to be working closely for a presumably long time so she was treading lightly to avoid problems. I completely understood, as I too was holding back not wanting to reveal too much about myself too soon just as a precaution.

I was yanked out of my thoughts as Mel began doing my hair. I didn't know what it would end up like, but from what I could tell I was having some style of big hair seen as most of it was being back-combed. I relaxed once she started to smooth down my hair slightly taming my chocolate nest.

There was a brief knock on the wall "hi, I'm here to meet the model I'm shooting" a strangely familiar soft feminine voice was heard.

I had my head bowed with a mop of my hair surrounding my field of vision at this point as Mel was doing something to the back of my head. I didn't know what it was, but that voice made me feel so comfortable. Although, I knew that whoever owned that voice was not someone I would expect to meet here, today of all days, let alone work with them.

"Hello that would be me..." I chuckled at my awkward position, which caused Mel to mutter "oh right..." She then quickly finished with my hair allowing me to make proper eye contact with my photographer.

"Thank you Mel" I shot her a thankful glance then focused my attention on the woman who owned that voice.

To say I was surprised was an understatement and by her similar expression I could tell she also wasn't expecting to see me either.

"Frankie? Is that you?"

"Liz, what a lovely surprise! I had no idea that I would be working with you!" I get up to greet her by which point I was already being squeezed in to a hug.

"Luke never said that you were a model? Why does my son always keep things from me...that boy honestly" she shook her head as if unbelieving that Luke had been hiding anything from his mother.

"He hasn't known for long, but I haven't been able to tell him that I got this job because I had to sign a contract to make sure I kept my mouth shut..." I let out a short giggle "...plus I thought it would be a good surprise for him".

"Ahh yes, I had to sign one too" she nodded in understanding.

"I'm so happy that you're the photographer! You know I think your work is amazing, I especially like your couture 'vogue Italia' shots" I beam at her with awe and a part of me is feeling slightly sentimental that I'm working with Luke's mum.

"Aww stop you will make me blush..." She pretends to blush and shy away for a brief moment before chuckling and composing herself "...now Frankie, we will be doing couture shots and something a little more edgy. Seen as they are rebranding they want to do something that will slightly shock and grab attention so keep that in mind".

"Ok, sounds great. I'm guessing I'm doing the couture first?" I raise an eyebrow in question.

"Yes, we will be starting with that. Anyway, I better go finish setting up my equipment and check the lighting is ok. See you in a bit!" With that Liz exited enabling Mel to finish off my hair and finish styling it.

"There... First look complete" Mel stood back arms folded admiring her work.

I looked up and starred at my reflection I lightly brushed my fingertips over my cheeks testing to see if the reflection followed my movements. "Wow...Mel you are really talented - thank you".

She smiled loving the gratitude radiating off of Frankie "your welcome, I really think that with a beautiful canvas, such as yourself, it had made my job easier".

I blush at the comment "I think we make a good team Mel"

"That much I can agree on my beauty" Vinny interrupted as he rushed towards me "you look perfect! Good job Mel...now come, we have to get you into wardrobe" he pulled on my hand and led me away into a section surrounded by vast rails of clothing, wigs, accessories and shoes. I laughed internally at the usual relaxed Vinny dotting about the place like a blue-arsed fly. 'I think someone has had one too many espressos this morning.'
I stood in the middle whilst Vinny and the stylist discussed the finalised version of outfits for the shoots. Feeling as if I was taking too much of a back seat I walked over to their little 'meeting', only receiving the last part of the conversation;

"What's not right Vincent? It fills the brief!" The stick-thin pale woman with thick jet black hair asked clearly failing at hiding her irritation.

Vinny stood with his hand on his hip while his other hand stroked his neck scarf as he so often did when deep in thought. "It does, but Something's...something is missing."

I peered over his shoulder at the design laid out on the table to see what the hold up was. I instantly understood his point. This is a couture shot - meaning luxury, wealth, not limitations. This design looked a little as if it was holding back. I turned towards the accessories and ran my fingers along a diamond necklace that had a choker-type diamond chain with a long drop that would sure enough reach my navel. Picking up the necklace I walked over to Vinny to propose my idea with a hint of perpetual confidence.

I subtly cleared my throat grabbing their attention "Vinny I have an idea..." The woman looked at me skeptically as if I was some air-head model who wouldn't know the difference between high-end and high-street. Ignoring her looks I continued; "This necklace would be
Perfect I-".

I was abruptly cut off by said woman "The necklace would be hidden in the fabric on the dress and it wouldn't sit right".

I take a breath to hide my irritation "yes. You are right..." She smiles as if stating 'Durr'. "...but you didn't let me finish." I directed my idea to Vinny who showed his full interest "I can wear it so the drop runs down my back and then the blank space between my shoulder blades, that's shown off due to the low backed V-Shaped cut of the gown, demands attention".

For a moment there was an eerie silence but by the sudden grin that formed on Vinny's face I knew I had made him proud. "I love it! Come on now lets see if your right. Bianca get Francheska ready I'll be back in two". With that he left us and a sense of animosity heavily weighing in the air. I simply shrugged at Bianca causing her to ramble to herself and mutter some obscenities, that I pretended I hadn't acknowledged, whilst roughly collecting the items needed.

She placed the dress Delicately on the floor for me to carefully step into and proceeded to pull it up on me. I felt a little odd having someone dress me as if I wasn't capable to do it myself, but I suppose it's best to avoid any damages, seen as this dress costs more than both mum's, Ruby's and Chase's cars combined! Whilst I was distracted by my thoughts Bianca had already zipped me up and fastened the necklace in place. I heard her sigh slightly and mumble to herself that 'it was a good idea' so I briefly smiled to myself then wiped my face void of any victorious emotion not wanting to make her hate me any more so than needed.

I turned to face her taking the drop diamond earrings and putting them on before shoving several bangles each with a slightly different diamond design on each wrist. "Thanks, you put a really great outfit together...it must have taken ages".

Just like I had thought she jumped at the opportunity to state her importance, as if no one could do her job to her standard she shrugged claiming that 'it was a design idea that came to her easily and had managed to put together and acquire the needed items within only a few days'.

Knowing that I probably 'stepped-on-her-toes' so to speak, by doing her job I played along. "Really? You're really talented, I'm lucky to have you styling me." I flashed her my best fake sincere smile, that I had managed to perfect over the years thanks to the help of my Nana's awful taste in gifts.

Bianca easily accepted my compliment, making it out as if I should be honoured and nothing less "you're welcome".

Vinny returned after five minutes, three more than he intended, he clapped his hands then twirled his index finger signalling for me to follow suit. I slowly began to turn to show him the full finished masterpiece, only stopping once I was back facing him.

"Fab-U-Lous!! Now let's get you on set and get this show on the road!"

I collected the nude Christian Louboutin heels following his path to the set with eagerness and excitement bubbling away at full capacity.

Once I was in front of the camera it all came so naturally as I posed for Liz. I loved being able to portray a social elite as I stood under a crystal chandelier holding a banister, to loving the feel of the plush fluffy rug between my toes, as I insisted some of the shots should be more natural (so I simply held the heels in my hand ensuring they were still going to be in the shot). I was amazed that they had managed to build several set backdrops within this one warehouse in such a short amount of time. The detailing is simply incredible.

Flash after flash only made me feel more focused on the job, on the brief and on achieving the advice directed by either Liz or Vinny. I was sure that on more than one occasion I had done something right as the two would shout some form of praise from the sidelines. Once Liz believed she got enough shots it was time for round two as I changed into an 'edgy' character.

******

I left the set with a slight spring in my step. I was invigorated and inspired by everything that had occurred today. First my little ceremony with Ruby, then meeting Mel and working with Vinny and Liz so closely and finally just being in front of the camera living out my dream. Even if that's the only shoot I get assigned I think I can die happy knowing I had given it my best shot.

After having a relaxing evening staying in cuddled up in a blanket in front of the TV I feel completely chilled out. I texted Ruby letting her know roughly that it went well and that we should go to our café to celebrate and catch up; to which she agreed without a second thought. I glance at the clock seeing that it's already managed to reach ten O'clock without warning. As I drag myself upstairs to bed I send a quick text to Luke to let him know that I'll talk to him tomorrow, that the shoot went well and that I'm shattered.
Once I received a reply I went to change into my snoopy pyjamas feeling comforted by his kind words; 'I had no doubts that you would have been great. Sweet dreams Frankie, I'll see you tomorrow x'

******

"Today has been one heck of a day" I muttered to myself closing my bathroom door. I climbed into bed resting my head on my pillow, finding a peaceful sleep coming easily as I had a content smile plastered across my face.

-----------------------

F, V &C! [Pleases and thankyous] :D
Thoughts?

PrettyLittleTeaCup x