Chapter Fifteen: Puppy Love

"Oh come on Chase, you have to admit that chocolate beats cheese cake hands down!" Ruby argued.

"Cheese cake never looses! It's creamy cheesy goodness!" Chase countered

"Cheese cake is not a proper cake! It's an abomination to the cake world! Isn't it Frankie?"
Instantly both snap their attention towards me. I giggle at their little 'domestic dispute' not minding that for the past half hour I've been a spectator to just another one of their pointless discussions.

"I'm sorry Chase but Ruby wins this time" I confess placing a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"I never win against you girls" He huffed crossing his arms in defeat.

I momentarily drift my attention away from their conversation and take in my surroundings. Sure I'm at university, but I'm sitting in my favourite spot in the courtyard and its my free period. The fresh cut grass is one of the best smells that come with summer. Here, i sit surrounded by the busy atmosphere of school like everyday, with students passing by on their way to class, others relaxing with friends and a group of guys playing football on the far side.

Yes, today was like any other day at school - apart from one thing. Today I'm more interested in watching the group of guys playing football. No I haven't by some miracle developed an interest in the sport, but I have got an interest in the sexy dark haired player who has just waved in my direction and just so happens to be my boyfriend. Luke's not your typical athlete. Sure he's muscular, tanned, sexy, popular, charming and has skill; but, he is also mine and with me he hides his arrogance well. I can't contain a proud smile from cracking every time he scores, because after briefly celebrating with his team mates I can see he checks to see if I had seen him score. Each time making me feel as if he's playing and winning for me - his personal cheerleader. Oh I bet that's a fantasy that would end well...but where do I buy Pom-poms?
'Stop being so dirty minded, he's not going to be into dress up!' I instantly shook the thought away and yelled internally feeling some frustrations. A part of me is fully aware that I wouldn't object to the idea if that's what he wanted, which scares me to know that I've fallen that hard that I'm having those kind of ideas towards him already. Well I suppose thoughts are one thing but putting them in to practice is another - I'm not ready for that yet.

"Errr Frankie?"
"Hellooo earth to Frankieeee?!" Ruby interrupts my thoughts eventually getting through my dream-like focus on Luke.

"Huh, what? Oh I'm listening and I completely agree!" I blurted out trying to cover my tracks.

"Mm Hmm oh really..." She crosses her arms acquisitively "well go on then...go and run up to Luke and kiss him mid-game!"

"Sure!...wait what?!"

"Well Chase did just say he thinks you should go up and surprise Luke with a smooch" she raised her eyebrow challenging me.

"I never said smooch " Chase stated as a matter-of-fact.

Ruby swatted the air and the idea away "you say tomato, I say potato". By this point Chase and I share a look and laugh at just another one of her messed up expressions.
"Go on Frankie, seen as you agreed. Don't keep him waiting" she winked.
Ugh I know I can't get out of this one. "I'm going, I'm going!" I reluctantly get up and make my way over to Luke and the rest of the guys, taking a look back I see Ruby smirking and gesturing for me to keep going. 'I wish I wasn't so stubborn some times', I admitted to myself whilst continuing my mission.

I quickly spotted Luke as he turned to face me and made his way over to this side of the pitch. He approached me with a big toothy grin "how's my girl doing?" He asks as he wipes sweat from his brow.

I smiled sweetly clasping my hands behind my back and fluttered my eyelashes "I'm ok, I see your good at scoring" I look up slowly meeting his eyes knowing the underlying meaning of 'scoring' and one day I hope we will.

He cleared his throat allowing his flirty smirk take over "only now your cheering me on" he winked as if he knew my earlier thoughts, forcing a slight flush of pink on my face.
"The game will be over in five minutes beautiful".

"Oi! Luke! Are you ready to play again so we can beat these losers?!" A tall slightly lanky guy with a mop of black curly locks shouts.

"Yeah one sec Dom!" He called over his shoulder before returning to face me.

"Oh no that's not why I came over I knew when the game finishes". Luke's brow crinkled in confusion before I traced my fingers up his arm and pulled him in towards me connecting our lips perfectly. I quickly disconnected from his hold and smiled innocently.

"Oh right...w-well..." He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck "...that's definitely a better excuse to interrupt the game". I giggled "sorry about that but I couldn't wait five minutes. I'll see you afterwards" with that I sealed the deal with a wink before making my way back over to Ruby triumphantly plastered with a cheesy grin; that was some kiss...

*********************

Luke's POV:

Wow. Just wow. I'm definitely enjoying this 'having a girlfriend' thing, because Frankie isn't just anyone - she's perfect. Right now I'm watching as my perfect girlfriend's perfect arse walks away. There is no way ill be able to concentrate on the game now.

"Man, who was that? And where can I get some?" Dom cheekily asks.

I could feel myself growing angry, it's bad enough with what happened with her and James at my party and now Dom?! "You won't be getting any of that. Frankie is my girl Dom, so back off".

He held his hands up in surrender "woahh. You know thats not my style, I'm kidding man! That's great! Nice to see you finally have a girlfriend instead of fucking about like that dick of a friend you call James". I grunt remembering all those times I wasted my life with pointless girls who practically threw themselves at me. Never again.

"What can i say, I'm a changed man...I've got a good reason to" I admit proudly to Dom.

Dom has always been into relationships and against 'fucking around' as he so eloquently puts it. He's the complete opposite of James, which is why they have never got on and from what I remember it wasn't helped by a situation with James and one of Dom's cousins. Neither talk about it but I'm guessing that some shit went down.

"Glad to hear it. Now lets take these mothers down!" Dom confidently states slapping my back. I simply smile and jog back into the game taking my position. Lets get this game over with...

*********************

Frankie's POV:

I saunter back towards the two love birds and take my place on the grass, nonchalantly shrugging at the hilarious, be it slightly shocked expression on Ruby's face. I had to admit that I now had changed my mind and was happy with my decision to be a stubborn mare - purely so I could witness her expression. Ha, I knew she thought I wouldn't do it! To be honest, on my way back over I decided that I should plan on surprising Luke much more often like that. Especially if it made me feel this good afterwards; Kissing him...can only be defined as heaven.

"What's with the face Roobz??" I played innocent raising an eyebrow in her direction.

"Hmmm...you suck." She finally realised that I played the game well and called her bluff - I just couldn't contain my smirk.

Then, like usual I took the opportunity "Ohh yeah I do! And I bet you I'm good!" Right then Chase started choking on his water allowing a spray to leave his lips watering the nearby shrubbery. He should be used to us talking to each other this way by now, but I swear every time it surprises him.

We both burst out laughing at his water display. "You two are going to kill me one day!" Chase exclaims whilst Ruby sympathetically rubs his back in small circles.

"Hey don't blame us" I instinctively hold my hands up in surrender "Ruby and I always have talked like this if the opportunity arises - it's good practice" I shamelessly admit. Ok, so yes, some may consider it weird that two girls who are practically like sisters talk this way to each other, but in all honesty we only ever do it if we are alone. After all, we don't want to give off the 'wrong impression' to complete strangers.

As I was distracted with Chase's recent performance I hadn't noticed Luke jogging up to us , so before i could react He smoothly snaked his arms around my waist from behind, pulling me close to his chest before placing a tender kiss on my neck. A small giggle escaped my lips as my insides went all mushy from melting into Luke's embrace.

"Hello again beautiful" he whispered soothingly in my ear letting his hot breath fan over my neck, forcing pleasure throughout my body and a reaction of small innocent goosebumps.

Just when i thought that i was enjoying how sweet my boyfriend is, Ruby and her impeccable timing almost ruins it by bursting out into song; " AND THEY CALLED IT PUPPY LOOOOOOVVVEEEE!!"

Luckily Luke had grown accustomed to our weird moments in the short space of time that we have been together, because he surprised us all when he joined in singing but changing the lyrics slightly as he starred into my eyes "....now I guess I finally know, how a young heart really feeeeeeeels, yes I know I'll love her so..." At that moment Luke began to nuzzle his nose against my neck as he smiled and peppered kisses gently up towards my lips, until he 'sealed the deal'. I know it has only been two weeks since we were made 'official' but the look in his eyes when he sang was as if he was promising me he world, as if he truly thought he will love me one day; which meant he might be falling for me just as hard as I'm falling for him. Simply the fact that the feeling seemed mutual instantly made me want to do a little happy dance but I restrained myself from doing so. On another note, he was actually a surprisingly good singer which made me wonder how many other talents he had.

"Awwww..." Ruby cooed wrapping her arms around Chase appreciating that she was also in love.

I was never one for PDA, but when I'm with Luke its as if I revert back to how an innocent normal silly little girl around her crush behaves. As soon as i allowed Luke to kiss me in public, Ruby knew how I was feeling...how he made me feel, but more importantly that I was willing to let myself feel this way. She knew how much of an internal battle I must have been secretly fighting and for that she was beamed at me like a proud mother for fighting my demons.

Just as I suspected Ruby knew. "Frankie, can I come over to yours after school? So we can 'get our nails done'" Ruby spoke in code.
Ahh yes 'get our nails done' has always been code for 'talk about serious issues that need addressing'. Of course, I'm the only one with a serious issue and that can only mean she's worried about me...
To ensure our cover wasn't blown by the boys suddenly taking an interest I continued to talk in code. "Yes Hun sure thing...what colour - Black? Red? Orange? Green?" Sure enough the boys zoned out and began a conversation between themselves.
"Black, if that's ok?" She said awaiting my reply. I sighed knowing the code dictates that I'm the topic of choice. (Black - my issues, Red - boy/love/sex issues, orange - Ruby's issues and Green - no issue but we actually want our nails done).
"You know I only share my black nail varnish with you Hun. Of course it's ok" I smiled reassuringly just as the bell rang.

--------------------------

Hii, ok so this chapter was a filler of course but I have a feeling that the next chap will make this book much more interesting...

Soo what is Frankie's 'serious issue'? We shall see...

Thanks for reading! :)
F,V&C