Chapter Fourteen: New beginnings

This chapter has been one of my favourites to write so far! so i hope you enjoy it :)
H x
--------------------

Chapter Fourteen: New beginnings

A week has passed since my perfect date with Luke and so much has happened that I have wanted to tell him. It's weird feeling this way about someone so quickly. I never imagined I would be one of those girls who constantly checks their phone in the anticipation of a text or a call, but that is undeniably true all thanks to one man - Luke. However, it is understandable because he has been away for the past four days with his dad "learning the ropes" of Brad's business and making a name for himself just in case he does decide to take over his dads role. I'm just thankful, be it a little surprised, that I still have Luke's attention, he still manages to ignite something within me that makes me smile uncontrollably when I think of him, that makes me imagine his hugs and the warmth they bring or the way he succeeds to make me laugh so effortlessly. Yesterday he only could send me one text as he was crazy busy but it meant so much as he ended it with four unforgettable words: "...thinking of you, Luke x" I'm afraid to admit that for the first time in my life I think I'm experiencing a journey or something that is close to falling in love. I instantly shake the thought away and deeply sigh realising my foolishness, but giving in to my fantasy with a small smile.

It's been two days since I officially became a model and ever since mum keeps looking at me with a slight twinkle in her eye, something that reflects pride I imagine, whilst Joe keeps snapping pictures of me on his phone ordering me to "pose" and make sure my "angles are right". I can't wait for Luke to return home tonight so we can finally go on a date, as promised, tomorrow evening so I can finally tell him the news. The last i heard from him he was finishing up at a meeting before heading to the airport and he instructed me to turn up at his for 7pm and that he would take care of dinner for our date. Now it's only a matter of counting the hours....

***********************

As per usual when I arrive at Luke's house in Ruby's little pea, familiarity washes over me and an increasing sense of security and warmth fills me. I take my time to straighten out my simple lemon sorbet coloured dress and adjusting the complimentary brown leather braided belt that hung around my waist accentuating my curves. I eagerly make my way up the steps to his front door when I'm met with a dusting of rose petals on the ground and a note taped on the door with instructions that read "Follow the path of petals..." I arched an eyebrow in confusion and looked around suspiciously unsure of whether the note was meant for me, but I trusted my instincts that Luke was behind this. I slowly began to follow the path around the corner of his house, past his car, through the garage that was conveniently left open, out past the swimming pool and to a small picketed white gate, where another note was left "Roses are red, violets are blue, I know this was cheesy, but I wasn't sure what else to do! L x" I instantly couldn't suppress my laughter as it erupted from my stomach, causing me to clutch my sides as a tear escapes. I take a quick photo of the note on the fence and send it to Ruby as I had promised to keep her informed. Once I had calmed down I pushed the fence open and took a few steps into a garden plush with flowers and a small river that ran past a lone tree. Making my way closer to the tree I realised that at the bottom was a pile of petals and a ladder that led up to a rustic treehouse.

I sighed once I realised what I had to do. In defeat I rested my hands on my hips "You want me to climb up don't you!?" I shouted knowing that it was a rhetorical question.
After a couple of seconds Luke popped his head over the edge and smiled "well I don't think I could carry you up here..." He laughed "I could try if you want...?"
I interjected "No! It's fine... I'll come up!" I took my time getting up the ladder to ensure I didn't fall to my death as I am known for hating heights so I wasn't going to risk slipping. On my way up I felt like a source of entertainment as he just watched as I made my way up, although I was muttering a few choice curse words and kept muttering "stupid dress","stupid tree" and "stupid wind blowing my new dress"; well something to that effect.
My thoughts were interrupted within a matter of minutes "It's a lovely view from up here" I looked up to a smirking Luke who took the opportunity to wink, forcing my cheeks to gain a tint of red in response as I realised why he had been so interested on watching me - even I had to admit that my boobs did look good in this dress.