ethan imagine, negighbours - personal for meg

Ethan and meg

meg looked out her window as the lawnmower roared, she couldn't help the smile creep on her lips to see her neighbour, Ethan, lazily mowing his lush green lawn. They've been neighbours for about two years but both of them haven't made a move.

When Ethan had seen her stepping out of the moving truck his heart skipped a beat. He absolutely loved the way the tight ripped skinny jeans highlighted her hips and how the loose fitting Nirvana shirt hung on her shoulders revealing a bit of her collar bone.

She had smiled politely and waved thinking how handsome the lad was. He himself in a pair of cotton shorts and a t-shirt, blonde hair messy.

After that brief exchange, the two had been coming up with excuses to see each other. Ethan had been the first to make a point to talk to the girl, asking if meg needed any help moving into the home. After excepting the help the two young adults spent the afternoon sorting through countless boxes of decorations, clothes, and housewares. Followed by a night of greasy Chinese food.

A few days after that meg had wondered over to Ethan's house asking if he could show her around to the new town. That day stuck in both their minds, the long walk through out down town. Stopping into a few small shops. They had laughed and talked about themselves, traded numbers saying they should hang out sometime.

Friendly texts had occurred, they had invited each other to go shopping, clubbing or out ot eat. Everything that two friends would do. But both wanted more, but too scared to take it that one step further.

Ethan had been lost in his music that was blasting through his ear buds to even notice the girl peeking at him through the window. But he was thinking about her. She had been the only thing he has thought about recently. The last time they had talked was about week ago when they had dinner at the local pub then saw a movie. He would have loved to considered it a date but there was nothing romantic about it. Just two friends having a meal. His kind often wondered how meg felt about him. If she felt the same butterflies when they made eye contact.

With his mind on meg he glanced over at the brick home to see a figure move quickly from the window and the grey curtain falling closed. He bit his lip wondering if his mind was playing tricks on him, had meg really been watching him? And since it was meg he wasn't that creeped out or upset about it. It if had been the nosey old couple on the other side of him he might have been a little mad.

meg jumped away from the window and blushed. Cursing herself she went into the kitchen to make some tea.

Ethan and her had been friends for awhile but she wanted more. She wanted to kiss his slightly chapped lips, and to be able to wake up smelling his expensive aftershave.

Taking a sip of the warm tea she sat down on her cosy living room switching on Grey's Anatomy trying in take her mid off her heavy lonely heart.

While Ethan finished mowing he kept peaking over to meg always being disappointed to see that she was not a the large bay window. Wiping the dripping sweat off his brow and putting the lawnmower away in the shed he ran inside to get cleaned up.

After a quick shower Ethan debated on what he wanted to do. His mates would be busy tonight so having a few beers at the pub was out. He would ask meg to go but she didn't like to drink and watch the game at a bar. Never really being a drinker. He decided that instead of being bored he would go over and see what she was up to.

Walking down his cracked blacktop driveway he made his way over meg's he knocked on the door waiting patiently for her to answer.

meg jumped slightly when the loud knock rung through the house, she had been too caught up in the drama of the show. Setting the half empty tea cup on the coffee table she went into the foyer opening the door to reveal Ethan.