They Are Coming

An hour after the twins had left my mother and father showed up. It was a surprise to me when the door bell rang. Even though I could easily smell their scent I had never had to answer the door for a family member because they normally walked in.

"Dad!" I basically screamed before jumping into his arms. Then I moved at top speed to my mothers.

"We missed you too Renesmee." My father said as I took a step back to allow them inside.

I led them through the house and into the sunroom. Nic smiled and rose to his feet before bowing slightly.

"Mr and Mrs Cullen, always a pleasure." He greeted, shaking their hands. Nic then gestured towards the tea tray and frowned. "I'd offer you some tea but I know vampires don't drink tea."

My mother dismissed him. "No, its fine. We already fed before we came anyways."

My mother and father took a seat on the loveseat and we joined them, sitting across on the other sofa.

"What brings you to make a sudden call?" Nic asked as he cross his right leg over his right.

My mother and father exchanged a glance at one another. It lasted nearly five seconds but that was long enough for me to notice something was not right.

Sighing my mother adjusted her seating, sitting up straighter.

"We just wanted to," she paused for just a half a second. ",to make sure you are settling in alright. We didn't want to come too soon but then Anne and Charles mentioned they came to see you so we decided maybe it was time."

I looked from my mother to my father and then back again several times to read their body language. My father was relaxed, too relaxed and my mother was tense and alert. This was....different.

Smiling, I reached forward and poured myself a cup of tea before taking a quick sip. I didn't want my parents to know, which was a problem being my father was a mind reader.

Please don't let mom know that I know dad, please.

He gave me a slight smile that reassured me to his word and then glanced at my mother.

"So how is school?" my father asked.

"It's going..." I replied as I looked at Nic, hoping he would get the spotlight of my parents attention on him.

Finally he managed to catch on. "We had some friends over earlier. Two girls, Genevieve and Fallon."

"Hmmm." My mother replied.

It was more than obvious that all four of us new something wasn't right here.

"Okay, I can't take it anymore. What is going on?" I snapped. "What are you hiding from me?"

My mother looked at my father. "We aren't hiding anything, right?" she asked him.

My father rose to his feet and began pacing in silence. This continued for at least 8 minutes before he retook his seat only to begin jostling his leg.

"Alice seen a shadow..." Was all he said.

I shook my head, my face fallen. "Wait...A shadow? What does this have to do with me?"

My fathers glanced moved off me and to Nic. "We are unable to grasp an actual face from Alice's vision but someone is stalking you."

"Why?"

"We don't know yet but until we find out your mother and I are staying nearby."

"Do you think the Volturi...."

Nic brought his arm around me and pulled me to his side. "No, its not the Volturi. It just can't be, they promised!" He breathed into my hair.

"It can't be the Volturi, Alice would've seen." My mother said.

"Unless they have a werewolf to block them from her visions." My father added.

My jaw hit the floor as I thought about this. "But." I gulped. "Jake would never do this to me. He promised he was going to protect us."

"My love, Jake isn't the only full blood Quileute in the clutches of the Volturi." Nic added.

I threw my hands up in disbelief. "No. It's impossible anyways because that part of him is void. After he got bit that all changed. He doesn't phase anymore."

"With blood in his veins no, but he phases. We saw it in the backyard when he passed by, remember Renesmee?" Nic replied.

I felt my heart beat stutter as I realized he was right. Jake still did phase.

"What if the block Jake had on Alice's visions acted as a shield now. Maybe he can block vampires gifts sort of like my shield?" My mother stated.

I shook my head obnoxiously and then jumped to my feet. "No... No! Jake would never do that to me. He made a promise."

"With the Volturi and the Volturi are not exactly the trustworthy type." My father said.

I turned to look at my mother. "He would rather die before he let them hurt me and you know that."

"Well maybe he just doesn't know. Maybe they are manipulating the overall situation without Jake's full knowledge." My mom told my father.

"If that's the case it seems like we have a major problem on our hands. But I still don't understand what they want with you Renesmee."

Nic sighed. "It could be a trap. Maybe they are attempting to kill the coven."

My mother shook her head as she rose to her feet and paced twice. "They know what the result is for them trying to kill the coven. They've been through this twice and seen it with their own eyes."

I watched Nic watching my mother continue to pace before she slowed and came to a stop only to stare out the window with her hands clasped behind her back.

"They've found the loop hole." she whispered.

My father rose slowly to his feet and joined my mother. He placed his hand on her shoulder and she turned around to look him dead in the eyes.

"What loophole Bella?" he murmured.

I held my breath.

"They've only ever tried killing us as a coven but never as individuals. They are coming."

All at once everyone took in a quick sharp breath and then all was silent.