Part 23

Emily and Alison sat lounging around the pool in the backyard.

Alison: You look hot Em!

Emily: You gonna cool me off?

Alison: No. I can only make you hotter babe. (She replied with her signature smirk.)

Emily: Absolutely true. (She swam over to Alison kissing her softly) Do you think we can get your Dad to talk to Cece?

Alison: I don't know. We live together and I don't even talk to her really.

Emily: I understand why you won't. You felt betrayed. She was one of your best friends and you found out she kept an important secret from you. But your father is well.. He's her Dad. I don't understand how he could do that to his own child.

Alison: My father can be pretty stubborn. He treated Jason like an outsider for God knows why. Cece was different and to my Dad different means bad.

Emily: Your Mom told me it was just because she has a different father. People can't choose how they arrive in the world. It's not her fault who her father is. Do you know if he's even still alive?

Alison: I don't even know who her father is. I didn't ask either her or our Mom. Not like I'd get the truth from them anyway.

Emily: Oh Ali. You never know. Maybe they are tired of lying just as much as your tired of being lied to.

Alison: Maybe. But I didn't bring you out here to talk about my family.

Emily: Oh? Then why did you bring me out here?

Alison: Strictly to oogle that fantastic body of yours. So sexy!

Emily: I'm glad it meets the Ali Dee approval.

Emily scoops Alison up into her arms until she's resting on her lap with her back against Emily's front.

Alison: How do you always make me feel so safe? Just a touch from you and feel like I'm back on solid ground.

Emily: I'm glad I have that effect on you. You make me feel loved. No matter what a look from you just makes me feel like I wanted and loved.

Alison: Your definitely wanted! You have no idea how beautiful you are Em.

Emily: What about loved?

Alison: Honestly? You scare me sometimes. I never anything for anyone and you came along and all of a sudden my whole world was thrown off axis. I love you Em. Not as just a friend but I'm glad we are friends. I love you as much if not more than what Pip felt for Estelle. I always thought I was Estelle. Aloof and tossing away suitors advances left and right. I always got a kick out of toying with people. Then you came along. I tried to treat you like Estelle did Pip but I ended up somehow becoming Pip longing to be in just the same proximity as my Estelle. My mermaid! So yes Emily. You are loved. 

Emily: I love you too. I love you more than any Pip ever could Alison. Your love isn't the only one that's scary. I was terrified when I fell in love with you. I was even more terrified when you figured it out. Sure you teased me a little for it but you never rejected me until that damn locker room. I had expected that reaction from the start but when it never came I guess it gave me hope.

Alison: I'll always be sorry for how I handled things Em. I should've never treated you that way.

Emily: I'm glad you did. It brought me to reality. It made me see your flaws and realize that your human and not some real life fantasy.

The two kissed passionately basking their love.