Part 21

Alison woke up the second morning in Emily's arms. 

Alison: I could get used to this.

Emily: Me too. Good morning gorgeous.

Alison: Good morning. (Pressing her body hard against Emily's)

Emily: Sorry to disappoint you but you won't be finding anything there.

Alison raises her head to look inside of Emily's eyes.

Alison: I found exactly what I wanted to find. Everything I ever searched for.

Emily: You amaze me everyday Ms. Dilaurentis.

Emily kisses Alison softly pressing there lips together. Before getting up going to the bathroom not bothering to get dressed.

Alison watches her leave before getting out of bed herself. She puts on her short silk kimono before going to fix breakfast.

When she feels arms wrapping around her waist as she flips pancakes, she twist her face just enough to kiss Emily's cheek.

Alison: hey. Why are you dressed?

Emily: I have to go home and get some clothes if I'm going to be staying here with you. (Emily debated with herself on rather to tell Alison she was going to see her mother or not. But the no lies between them rule won out.) I'm also going to talk to your mother.

Alison: My mother? Why? (She finished up the pancakes and took the bacon out of the oven.)

Emily: She wanted to have a talk. I think I should. 

Alison: She lies like sucking in oxygen. But since I got that from her and you handle me pretty well, I guess you will be okay. Just be careful Em. I don't want her to hurt you.

Emily: I've actually had alot of heart to heart talks with your Mom while growing up Ali. She isn't that bad. I think you've just been hard on her. Maybe now you can get to know her in another way.

Alison: Yeah. Maybe. Not anytime soon though. Although I am inclined to go over there with you just in case.

Emily: No. This is something that has to be between just your mom and I. You remember how comfortable you always felt talking to me? Well I kind of had that same bond with your Mom. For some reason she was always completely honest with me.

Alison: That's because your so caring. You actually listen to people. Your not just putting on a facade and it's wonderful to people who've been around fake people and falsehood their whole lives. I'm so lucky to have you.

Emily: I believe in being right where you need to be. You once told me to be careful at what I'm good at. You were so wrong Ali. I've gotten so much better at it and you and your family need me now. As an honorary member I feel like I've got a purpose. A job to do almost. 

Alison: Saving my family isn't your mission soldier. Eat your breakfast before it gets cold.

Emily: Sir yes sir! (Emily smiles and winks making Alison laugh)

After leaving home all showered and having on clean clothes, Emily stopped over the Dilaurentis house. Mrs. Dilaurentis was outside in her garden.

Jessica: Emily! (She exclaimed smiling) It's really good to see you. Thank you for stopping by.

Emily smiling back. Genuinely excited to see Mrs. Dilaurentis.

Emily: Hi Mrs. D. Mom sent you a basket and some preserves.

Jessica: Oh how sweet of her. (Her face turns serious as she licks her lips and look down at the ground.) How's Alison?

Emily: She's fine. She just needs sometime to work out somethings. Cece went on a business trip. I'm going to stay with her until Cece gets back.

Jessica raising an eyebrow: I trust you Emily. I know what I walked in on but I also know that you've loved Alison for a very long time. I'm good at judging people and accessing situations. I could never do that with Alison. She was too much like me. 

When your both married and Alison resorts to her old ways and she tells you something about your child. Even if you don't see what she does, give her the benefit of the doubt. Don't doubt her. She will know what she's talking about. 

Emily: Married with kids? Does that mean I meet your approval Mrs. Dilaurentis?

Jessica: Jessica. And yes of course you do Emily. You come from a fine family. I couldn't be prouder to have you join mine.

Emily: Maybe as a member of your family the first thing I could do is bring you all closer together. With your help of course. How do you feel about a family dinner after Charlotte's return?

Jessica: I'd love it. I'm not sure how Jason is going to respond. I found out Charlotte didn't exactly follow my no contact rule. She pretended to be Jason's girlfriend. When he finds that out.

Emily: It's going to be hell to pay. I am well aware of the Dilaurentis spitfire attitude. Maybe if we all can be there for him? It might help.

Jessica: When Kenneth gets in his moods, I usually fix him a drink and locks himself away in his study. With Jason being a former alcoholic. I just worry that he'll end up doing something stupid.

Emily: Forgive me for asking this, but when Mr Hastings is upset, do you know how he behaves?

Jessica: Yes. Peter, tends to throw tempertantrums. He's destructive. If he's down everything around him better take cover.

Emily thinks of Spencer. How she would stand up to Alison. How she was at one point addicted to drugs. Maybe that came from Peter Hastings since both of his children had a similar experience. 

Emily: I'm going to talk to Alison. Maybe we all can figure out a way to soften the blow. If he does need to blow up maybe we can all go somewhere the fall out won't be so bad.

Jessica: Dilaurentis family vacation. Sounds good. Maybe somewhere cold where they'll be forced inside to spend time with one another and work out there issues.

Emily: Your very good at plotting Mrs. D. Uh Jessica. I just hope I stay on your good side.

Jessica: Long as you treat Alison right. We shouldn't have a problem. Emily, see that we don't have a problem. (She threatened and Emily didn't take that threat lightly.)

Emily: Yes Ma'am.