Part 5

The next morning Alison was on her way to school late as usual. Alison wished she could be herself sometimes. It was hard keeping up a charade. 

Alison was walking to class talking to Emily so she didn't see someone behind her. Lucas bumped her spilling his orange soda all over her white pants. Just as she was screaming at him she felt a small hand on her back leading her away and calming her down at the same time.

Alison: I can't believe he just did that!

Emily: It's not the end of the world Ali. Mistakes happen. It will come out, but if it doesn't I'll buy you some new jeans.

Alison: Really? You'll buy some new jeans?

Emily: If I can have a request.

Alison: What would that request be?

Emily: They have to be an exact duplicate of those.

Alison: Why does that matter?

Emily looks Alison up and down: Because you look good in those.

Alison's jaw drops. She realized they were flirting but she wasn't expecting Emily to go that far with it. Before she had a chance to respond Emily was already skipping into her classroom.

Alison couldn't concentrate on her school work and by the time lunch hour came along she wasn't in a very good mood. So when she sat down at her usual table and heard that Emily's boyfriend Ben was starting rumors about them having sex she just couldn't believe it. 

Alison: Why is he still breathing?

Aria: because it's true.

Emily just stared with a smirk on her face. Alison knew it was lie. The way Emily looked at her there was no way her and Ben had sex.

Hanna: can you believe Emily lost her V card before any of us?

Emily: why is that so hard to believe?

Hanna: I just thought you were a prude.

Alison decided to go along with Emily's lie. She found it intriguing.

Alison: Shy on the streets, sexy in the sheets.

Emily just looked at her with a sparkle in her eye and a smile on her face.

After school Alison made sure to walk with Emily.

Alison: I know a doctor if you want to go on the pill. He'll see you without telling your mom. 

Emily: I don't need to go on the pill. 

Alison: You can't be too careful, Emily. I mean Juno was a cute movie, but I wouldn't want to live it. 

Emily: It's not that. I don't need to go on the pill because I'm not having sex. 

Alison: It was that bad? 

Emily: It didn't happen. Ben and I made out, but I didn't give it up. 

Alison: Then why is he telling people he took the VIP tour to Neverland? 

Emily: I don't know. 

Alison: What aren't you telling me? 

Emily: It's no big deal. Eventually we'll do it, so people can think it now or they can think it later. 

Alison looked at Emily intrigued. 

Alison: I can't figure you out. 

Emily: Can we just keep this between us? I don't want to keep having this conversation. 

Alison: Sure.

They continued to walk home.