Part 13

Ian informed Alison that Melissa was pregnant by him. Alison was heartbroken but she was always taught to hide her emotions so she called Cece. 

Alison: Hi Cece. I need to get away from here. You have any plans?

Cece: I was going to go to this pub near Hollis. You can tag along if you'd like.

Alison: okay great. I'll be ready.

Alison began getting ready to meet hot college guys. She took a shower, did her hair and perfected her make-up. When she was done she heard Cece blowing her horn for her. She ran downstairs and hopped inside of Cece's mustang convertible.

Cece: What you need to get away from?

Alison: Just the usual drama. (She rolls her eyes)

Cece: You know you can always come stay with me. I got you something. Your like my little sister or a mini version of me. Look in the glove compartment and get out the black box from Tiffany's.

Alison opened the compartment and took out the box. When she opened it she gasped.

Alison: Wow. This is beautiful. (An anklet with Paris theme charms.) I love it.

Cece: I knew you would! (She smiled)

Alison put on her anklet and Cece pulled up in the parking lot of the pub. They both got out the car still chatting. Cece telling Alison of her newest escapades and Alison listening in administration.

Alison: You still dating my loser brother?

Cece: yeah he's not that bad once he stops being so high. 

Alison: I wouldn't know because he's always high. I don't think I've seen him sober since we were young.

They walk into the pub and order their drinks. Alison has a fake ID stating she is 21 and has Cece's address. Cece goes to mingle with some of her fellow classmates and Alison sits on a stool sipping her drink. When she looks up a handsome guy catches her eye.

Ezra to waitress: Excuse me can I have a gin and tonic with a lime? Thanks.

She walks over sitting next to him on a sofa. Alison noticed he was reading Tender is the night by F. Scott Fitzgerald. She Googled the book. 

Alison: It's tragic isn't it?

Ezra: Sorry?

Alison: The book. It's one of my favorites. I read it every summer. I just finished it for the third time. What's better to read than Tender is the night while sunbathing on the French Rivera?

Ezra: People still do that?

Alison laughs: I don't know. I made it up.

Ezra: Your a bit of a fabulous.

Alison: What does that mean exactly? (She says leaning in flirtatiously).

Ezra: A teller of tales.

Alison: Sometimes lies are more interesting than the truth.

Ezra: Only if your trying to escape your truth. You remind me of Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Alison: I never saw that movie. Was it any good?

Ezra: It's a classic, staring Audrey Hepburn.

Alison: Maybe I'll watch it then when we meet again we'll have something to talk about -?

Ezra: Ezra. You have a deal. (He finished his gin tonic.)

Alison: I'm Alison and I look forward to it.