Part 4

It was Monday afternoon after school and Alison was bored. She'd finished all of her schoolwork. Once again when Alison was bored her thoughts turned to Emily. She thought of running her fingers through Emily's silky dark chocolate hair. She needed to do something with herself and well Spencer's house was right next door so more often than not she found herself there flirting with Melissa's boyfriend Ian again.

Alison found that she really did like Ian. He seemed very nice, helpful and attractive. Ian was filming Alison as she talked.

Alison: You think I'm photogenic? My grandmother was a sweater model. I look like her. Of course, she's old now and she smells terrible. But I don't have to see her much 'cause she lives in Georgia. ( she takes video camera from him) My turn. 

Ian: Hmm. It's HD, so... The image is perfect, right? 

Alison: I like what I see.

Melissa and Spencer come down the stairs, Alison hands Ian back his camera.

Melissa: It's perfect, Spence, it's got humor, heart, it's inspiring-- I wish I could be there to hear it. 

Ian: Wow, Spence, you got Melissa's stamp of approval. Must be a good speech. 

Spencer: Well, it better be. My parents are already planning my victory party. 

Alison: I guess that's what happens when you've got a perfect older sister. 

Melissa: No, Alison, that's what happens when you're a Hastings. I didn't make the rules. Besides, Spencer deserves to win. Her agenda is top-notch. 

Spencer: Thanks, Melissa. 

Alison: Hmm. It's comforting to know that Spencer can count on you. 

Ian: So, Melissa, did you tell Spence what we decided on for Halloween? 

Melissa: Bonnie and Clyde. 

Spencer: Cool.

Knock at the door. Spencer opens it letting Emily in. 

Emily: Hi Spence. 

Spencer: Hi, Emily, What's going on?

Emily: Nothing, just was bored. Oh Hi Melissa, Ian, Alison.

Melissa: hi

Ian: Hi 

Ian and Melissa leave to go to Melissa's room. Alison not speaking to her was confirmed.

Emily: I was talking to Toby his stepsister just moved into their house.

Spencer: Really? What she like? 

Emily: I don't know. I haven't met her yet. 

Alison: I have. Green eyes, black hair, my height and I told her she better not be Gaga for Halloween. That's who I'm going as.

Emily: Yeah Toby says she gets what she wants. Like he's scared of her.

Alison: Don't worry Em. I'll protect you.

Alison realized she just sounded flirtatious with Emily. She didn't know why she was suddenly treating Emily the way she did guys. Did she see Emily as a guy? No. Emily was gorgeous she definitely wasn't a guy. Now she's going crazy over thinking Emily was gorgeous.

Alison: bye girls. Think of your Halloween costumes.

Alison left taking the long way home, going down the Hastings curved driveway down the hill to her own. She had grabbed Emily's hand and she must admit it was soft and felt good in her hand. She reassured her and then flirted with her. She didn't even treat guys that way. Alison needed to work out exactly what she was feeling towards Emily.