Cheol: Fairy Tale Prince, 1881, Unknown Place

Cheol

Fairy Tale Prince

1881, Unknown place

I believe in fairy tales. I'll whisk you away to a far away land, and I'll be your Prince. I believe in fairy tale romance. We'll be together.

You would be a fool to reject me. 

"I don't want to see you anymore."

Patient ripple, foolish wave. 

The water surrounds as the wavelets go away. There's a nothingness here that is palpable. And I am waiting for you. If you are here, make it not be long. I can not wait any longer. You can feel my sad eyes, my selfish longing. Are you going to make it right? Or should I wait here by myself, no longer believing the foolish thing upon which I based my entire life?

There is no fairy tale. I am no fairy tale Prince. I shall not get my fairy tale Princess.

What was it you said, "there are no fairy tales. We make the story. We write the story."

I wanted to write my story. But her pen got in the way. Your pen got in the way. Everyone is always writing for me, and I want to stop it. But I can't stop it. I can't get ahold of the pen, and I will never get ahold of the pen.

I could not even write my own death. 

The water is black. It is like the ink. Where are your hands?

It reminds me of the ink from the long time ago. It reminds me of the ink in the room of my first love. I'm sure you know her. You remind me so much of her even though you were the opposite. Every girl reminds me of her, and every girl resents me for it. But what can I do? We're connected, you know. You saw it.

Red string. Black ink. The water surrounds my body.

If I could die, I would die, I think. But by sea, you prevent it. You prevent me from entering the sea, or at least too far in. You'll be here in a while, but for now you will let me float. I will languidly float in your sea. 

I never cared how stupid I looked. Believing that somebody would take my hand and believe with me, it was the dream. You took my hand and we floated, letting me believe we were living in my dream for a while. But you dropped me, right? You let me fall into the sea, and you dragged me under. It takes me a long while to try to figure out why I let you keep dragging me down. Yet, I still come back.

I want you to explain to me why I keep trying. Do you have an answer? Do I rely on people too much? Ah, I know the answer to that one. The answer is "yes". But I can't help it. I need to draw people in, just as I suppose you need to draw me in for whatever reason.

If I open my eyes, I will see her blue eyes in the sky. The sky is the same color. It has an overcast of grey, just like her soul. Would I rather be in her sky or in your sea? I am trapped inbetween. I feel as if I am hanging by my fingers by the red strings, half in your sea and half in her sky. Do you know what that feels like? 

And yet there is still you, whom I keep going back to. Why is it you draw me into your sea? What is the purpose? 

She doesn't want me anymore. She told me herself. Do you agree with her? 

Am I a stupid Prince? Am I a Prince at all? But I am asking again and I should not rely on you.

I just want to feel your hands. Your comforting hands. Drag me down under the sea for a while, treat me as you like. I don't want to be treated as a human anymore. I am not human. We are not human. 

Please treat me as you like. Torture me like I torture me inside. Are you listening? 

I feel as a nothing. As nothing as this place.

I just want to feel your comforting hands tearing me apart. I just want to see your comforting face.