Beau: Dancing, 1946, Somewhere Over the Ocean

Beau

Dancing

1946, Somewhere Over the Ocean

My dream awakes and we're together. You're smiling gently. I don't know if you've let your guard down. I don't know why you're surrendering to me. I haven't done anything. 

I take your hand and we're flying. We don't feel any cold or anything harsh. We fly like how humans dream flying is. Quietly embracing, you're in my arms up here in the clouds. Just the two of us. No one will find us here. I hold you and I can feel everything about you. Your slender bones, your small body. I can smell your smell, like sweet honey and lilac cream, fresh melon that's just been cut open. 

I bury my face into your body. I never want to stop smelling you, I never want your warmth to go away. If you stay with me, you'll never have to leave. You'll never cast your blue pool eyes downwards and walk away again. Stay with me. Why must we be apart? 

Your smile melts me. It makes me tremble. Your soothing touch calms my heart and lets me breathe again. I peer into the unending deepness of your eyes. I am lost in them, how they are dark blue, but when the sun hits them they brighten into many facets of colors that don't have names. The sun shimmers all over you, it makes your skin luminesce like the moon does. 

I want to love you. I want you to love me. Do you love me? You still won't say anything. You hardly say a word ever. But that's okay. I'm still listening. You can tell me any time. I'll be waiting silently, patiently. 

I don't know why this is happening here right now. I don't want to know how, and yet I am curious. But I won't spoil this. For whatever reason, you have chosen to bless me this way. Whether you be lonely or finally in love with me, I have not a care. My cares fall away with the wind and crash into the sea below us one by one. Nothing matters except you, this moment. I am dizzy with disbelief and pure joy in my heart. I want this to last forever and ever. It must end. But for as long as we are together like this, this free feeling, I will never be unhappy again. We are dancing together in the clouds, and I will never be unhappy again.