Cheol: A Brush of Tender Petal, 1877, England

Cheol

A Brush of Tender Petal

1877, England

By coincidence, my hand brushed your milk white skin as you turned your face. As lovers, the two met in contact as two lost souls wishing for a place to melt away their sorrows, but instead found each other. 

At this warm touch, you look up at me and your blue eyes curl into a half smile for only me, and down again to your book. The one in French. Out comes your voice full of contentment like the cherry blossoms floating down to the ground, so peaceful in the warming Spring breeze. Words which curl and float in the air just as the flower petals do in the new sunshine.

Contentedly as well, I sigh with happiness at its peak, and snuggle into you deeper. At this level, the smooth silk of your dress is warmed by me and I can feel the warmth of your skin underneath. As your words float lazily into my ears, I just listen to your voice full of beauty in words I can't understand. 

A French tutor, you told me, that is who taught you. When you were very little. Such things are as foreign to me as the words coming out of your mouth. Where did you come from? From which heaven did you descend? Your gentleness, your kindness.  How is it that you are not like the others, how did you manage this impossible feat? How did such a being become born?

Femininely, exuding a sneaking passion and lips moving in the pleasure of the prose, you seem to be unaware that I am even here laying on you, but I know from your heart that it is just a facade. Your beautiful little heart is beating as wildly as a hummingbird. It knows I am here, and it is nervous and full of love. Oh small beating heart. Beautiful locket of her dreams, holding me close and tenderly inside. And just then I can not hide or pretend away my feelings.

Suddenly, like a wing's gust, I am fully on top and kiss your precious chest. The peeking white skin, the warm soft beauty. Where your heart is. 

You jump and the hard cover of the book hits my head as you drop it in your surprise. 

And just like that, the moment is ruined but oh such a reward! For your laugh, high giggles, and your smile lights up the room and is the light of my soul.

Oh such a thing, the best I could ever hope for and want, your beautiful smile and your lovely giggles. For they tell me you are happy, and I wish you all the happiness in the world.