✴Four✴

Thank God, I wore flats and not heels. If so, I wouldn't be able to make even a step without stumbling, tripping, worst of all, falling with face first. How will I run? Now I'm running like a cheetah but in this dress, it's a bit challenging, yet I'm making a record by running like a sick cheetah.

Were they serious back there? I can believe Zander but Ryan? I think the whole thing is a joke. It's all part of the birthday party and everyone knew about it already. Since I entered without the knowledge of this stupid game, they used me as a scapegoat.

Monday, I'm gonna be the laughingstock for the werewolf kids in my school. If such things existed in humans and same thing might have happened, posters with my fabulous face would be all over the world.

They're kidding.

There's woods connected to their houses. I'm running like a cheetah through the woods. Who knows, the real cheetah might catch up with me and take me as its dinner.

Focus, Kate. Focus.

My mind can never shut up. I can't run more than this. To my luck, I saw a huge tree with gigantic trunk. Phew! I'm gonna rest for sometime until the party and the stupid, humiliating game is over.

"Kate?" A voice startled me and made my poor body which just rested itself down to jerk up, a bit.

Caleb came into view, panting, not as much as me.

"You scared the crap out of me, Cal." I said in a shaky voice. I'm not trembling in fear it's just the after effect of running like a cheetah's daughter. Hehe.

"What do you think you're doing? You scared the shit out of us by sprinting like that into woods." At first he was talking normally but his voice raised a bit.

"Do you know how dangerous it's, out here?" He growled at me.

I didn't answer because I really didn't think of that point until I reached this huge tree and sat down, leaning on it, totally forgetting about Rebecca's dress.

I decided to retort, smartly, completely ignoring his question. "Do you expect me to stay there and be part of their big, stupid game? And become a laughingstock for wolves?"

He looked at me weirdly for a while and then his eyes widened. May be he's guilty that I'd figured out about the game!

"No no-" He started shaking his head wildly but a voice cut him off.

"It isn't a game." The voice was low yet it had a deadly sound to it. And it came from behind the tree.

I freaked out and ran to Caleb's side. I held onto him for dear life and looked at the source of that voice.

Zander and Ryan stepped out from behind. What the hell ? Were they chasing after me too, like Caleb? I feel like a criminal, right now, who had done some crime in wolf world,

"Kate, listen. It isn't a game or anything. We're serious." Zander tried to sound calm and collected while Ryan was shaking and his eyes were fixed only on me. It was like how a lion looks at it's prey in Discovery channel. Oh my God! I'm the prey.

My hold on Caleb got more tight. Now I heard Ryan growl with his eyes directed towards Caleb. What now? Caleb, idiot, tried to step away from me but I didn't let go of him at all. He's the only life guard I've got now.

"All of this might be confusing to you but you gotta let us explain, okay?" Zander said so softly with a assuring smile. I involuntarily nodded my head. This is the way a person is supposed to talk to the other person. Very kind and cute.

"Good! Shall we go back to the house? We gotta clear up few stuffs." Again, Zander said, coming towards me with a small smile which said that he wouldn't hurt me or something like that. That smile made me trust him too much.

Ryan was only glaring at all of us. Weird, jerk.

Caleb, Zander and I started walking back to the party houses.

A growl erupted behind us but we continued walking, ignoring that jerk. But that was a huge mistake. The next thing I was pinned against a tree like Jesus Christ by Ryan.

"Caleb?" I yelped in shock and of course, I was scared of this Ryan who was trembling terribly and his hold on my hands were painfully strong. Caleb and Zander stopped on their tracks and stood there, just looking at the sight. Zander looked worried and angry. I've never seen him being angry. He isn't my friend or anything but Zander is a guy who wouldn't take anything seriously and I've not seen his angry state.

"Kate.." Ryan's head was so close to my face and his voice was scary.

"Yeah?" I asked in a shaky voice as I tried to balance myself by holding the tree trunk behind. But he held my hand and placed it on his chest, even though I wriggled with all the forces of nature. Nothing worked.

His first two buttons were undone and my hand was placed in his bare chest.

Holy unicorns! He was so hot, I mean his body temperature. I could feel his hearbeat which wasn't beating normally, it was like a drummer was inside and practising or something.

"You're mine." He leaned a little more and his lips were an inch away from my eyes. When he said 'you', he literally kissed my eye. I exhaled, loudly, by mistake. He chuckled and retreated with a cocky smirk in his face. As he retreated, my hand slipped away from his burning skin and his loud heartbeat. My heart was having it's own orchestra inside too.

Ryan walked past Caleb and Zander, towards the houses, after shooting a mocking smirk at Zander. Zander looked so pissed and Caleb was.... enjoying? Idiot.

We continued walking towards the houses in silence except for Caleb because I smacked him in the head for not coming to my rescue.

My life can't get any more awkwarder. Ryan was my ex. Sighs sighs.