✴Eight✴

After gawking at my new clothes and slippers, oh, yeah, they got me slippers too. I liked all of it, yet I felt bad for making them spend, though I didn't even ask them to.

They also shot me with another jaw dropping surprise. There are same number of clothes piled in my room in Ryan's house. I was beyond flabbergasted. I gotta spend a month with the two alphas, which means, I gotta spend alternative weeks in each of the guys house. Sighs.

Zander left, again, saying that he's got some alpha duties but that only made me to eye him skeptically. Only then my thickhead realized that the ladies had lied to me when I asked them where he was, in the morning. I chuckled.

Lunch was just wow. Sadie's cooking. All of them, Loenard, Sarah, Zander, Sadie and I, assembled in the dining area. Nick was at Ryan's.

I got few details from Zander, when Rebecca and the other girl left. The other girl, was Ryan's another sister, younger one, Ashley. Zander's the only kid, just like me.

The other information was about the Head Alpha, Nick and Head Luna, Sadie. Nothing too secretive or a gossip. They've rooms in both the houses, that's, in Zander's and in Ryan's. They can stay wherever they want. And there's a small passage connecting both the houses, which makes it a lot more easier for Nick and Sadie to navigate here and there.

Knock, knock.

This time, I walked up to the door and opened it. Zander was standing with his breathtaking, cute smile, which automatically made my lips to curl up in a small smile.

He simply held my hand and took me downstairs and then, to the backyard. There were few guys, obviously werewolves, standing there. I could recognize one or two faces there.

"Guys! I think, few of you already know her. Anyways, this is Katelyn, my mate." Zander sounded so happy and ....proud? But, why proud? I'm just a pathetic human. He's just being sweet. Shut up, brain.

"Wow, its nice to finally meet the Luna." One of the guy commented.

"Not yet, she's got a month time to decide." Austin, one among them, and also my classmate said. I heard a low growl from Zander. Whoa! I looked at him and he shrugged it off with a smile and Austin apologized.

"Kate, this is Liam, Henry and Tim." Zander pointed to the unfamiliar faces. I smiled and waved at them which they happily returned.

"Oh! You know these two, already, Austin, my beta and Brian." I smiled at them. Austin and Brian are my classmates.

Yeah, half of my school's population are wolf boys and wolf girls.

Zander was again called for his newly obtained alpha duties and I fled to my room. It's almost 9pm. Dinner's over.

I put on my pyjama shorts, which I brought it from my house and not the new ones which Zander and his family got me, and a tank top. I'm kinda tired already. Most of the time I'm not really tired but I use that excuse to cheat my body so that I can lie down on bed or couch and sleep. I love to sleep. Hehe.

As I was brushing my hair before falling flat on my bed, there was a tap on the window. I walked to it and opened it, cautiously and found a grinning Rebecca and smiling Ashley peeking from their window. Only now I've realised the distance between the two houses. It's barely an arms length.

"Hi, guys." I grinned. I felt happy all of a sudden when I saw them, don't know why.

"So, have you looked through the stuffs we'd bought for you?" Rebecca asked after waving at me. I bobbed my head with a shy smile. I loved all of it. Really.

"But you didn't have to do all this." I said with a pout.

"Chuck it, girl." Rebecca scolded me playfully. Ashley was only smiling.

"So, um.. Who are your mates?" I asked both of them. Rebecca beamed at me before answering but I noticed Ashley's face fall and she looked anywhere but at me.

"Simon." Rebecca said with dreamy eyes, "He's from a Gladiator Moon pack." Oh! Another pack. How many packs of wolves are here??

I smiled and moved my eyes towards Ashley.

"I- uh I didn't find my mate yet or my mate didn't find me yet." Ashley stammered and looked a bit sad but she forced a small smile. Awe, poor girl. But she can enjoy her life until she finds that one guy. Anyways, it's not a big problem. She'll find her guy and be happy. I'm the one who's stuck in a very unusual situation which had even made the Head Alpha's head spin in confusion.

Rebecca looked at her sister in pity and gave a squeeze to her shoulder.

"Don't worry. Enjoy life, until then." I winked at her and made Rebecca and ashley chuckle. Again, it was only a forced one. Hmmm... Something's bothering this girl.

Rebecca straightened up from the windowsill and yelled, "Ryan! Get off of the door and stop overhearing."

Ryan? How did she know it was him? And what that asshole was doing by overhearing the girls conversations? Oh! Wolf's super power/ability.

I chuckled. Rebecca sighed and leaned back. We chatted for awhile. It seems Ashley goes to our school and she's my junior. No wonder I don't remember her face. I might've seen her in hallways or cafeteria. I rarely notice anyone's face. Having friends like Brittany and Caleb, you wouldn't be able to remember your own face. Pft, I'm blabbering.

Just then, there was a knock and I turned around and called over my shoulder, asking, whoever it was, to get in.

"I think it's Zander." Rebecca whispered while my eyes were on the door.

Yup! She was right. Zander stepped in with his sweats and....shirtless? Where the hell is his top? He walked towards me, smiling. God! My face is on fire. I smiled and turned back to the girls who were stifling their laughs. The fire on my face stared to grow more and more. I felt like jumping out of that window.

I felt Zander's presence next to me. I couldn't help but feel the heat radiating from his body. I'm gonna melt like an ice cream now.

"I think it's time for us to leave." Rebecca teased and waved goodbye before shutting their window and disappearing.

I turned around and sat on the windowsill while Zander stood in front of me, with his hands folded across his bare chest. I gulped and looked only at his eyes.

"Hey!" Somehow my voice didn't betray me.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't be around and I'd to leave you all by yourself." He apologized. Awe.

"Nah, that's okay. Alpha duty comes first." I said, shaking my head. He steeped a bit more closer to me. And my heart started bouncing inside.

He held my shoulders and I got up. I smiled at him.

His hands moved to my face and cuppee my face. Good lord! I'm gonna faint now.

"Kate?" His voice was husky. His eyes were not looking into my eyes but my lips. I exhaled a bit inaudibly.

"Yeah?" I asked, placing my right hand on his chest. I needed balance. Hehe.

"Um...Can I- uh .. Can I kiss you?" He asked, cutely with his eyes never leaving my lips even for a second.

Should I've to answer that question? I don't know how to answer. I feel as if I've forgotten the alphabets now. Grrr.

I nodded and looked away. He rubbed his thumb over my cheek which made me to look up at him. His eyes were shining in the dim light.

He smiled before leaning towards me in slow motion. In a few seconds his lips were on mine. His lips were so soft and so was his kiss. I slowly responded.

My head started to spin in dizziness. The kiss lasted only for few minutes. He was really so gentle. After pulling back, he kissed me on my forehead before leaving my room.

I was baffled. I walked slowly to my bed, grinning like a crack. I crawled into the covers and the kiss was playing in my head, in a non stop loop.

I like him. Dreamy sigh.