19: Horse-Butt

"Wake up!"

Dipper bleated in panic, shooting up and tripping over Mabel as he scrambled out of bed. The twins landed in a heap of hooves as Dipper toppled onto Mabel. The half-unicorn laughed. "Did you hear that little deer-noise you made?"

Dipper rolled his eyes, pushing himself off of his sister. "Let's stop bringing that up, horse-butt."

Mabel smirked. "I am a unicorn, Dipper. Much more important than any lowly horse," she mocked, faking an utterly atrocious British accent and whinnying when Dipper nudged her lower half.

The cervitaur chuckled. "Yeah, but you're still a horse-butt."

"I got something to show you!" Mabel explained, springing up and running towards her bed where four sweaters lay, two larger and two smaller. "I made these all last night!"

Dipper cocked a brow. "You made...four hand-knitted sweaters in one night?" He frowned, stepping closer to her bed. "Mabel, that's almost impossible!"

The girl beamed. "Not when you're a unicorn it's not!" She touched a sweater, 'dusting it off.' "I made all of these babies at the exact same time!" Mabel noticed the blank look on her brother's face and realized what he was thinking. "My horn. I made them with my horn." Dipper nodded slowly, still not understanding where the girl was coming from. Mabel sighed, pink light coming out of her horn and surrounding two knitting needles as they rose up into the air

Dipper's eyes widened. "Whoa." He grinned. "Mabes! That is so cool!"

The half-unicorn beamed. "I know, right!" She gestured to the sweaters on her bed. "Now, what do you say we wake up Stan and Ford and try these on?"

"I dunno, Mabel," Dipper mumbled, pursing his lips. "I mean, we--they were up pretty late last night. Don't you think we should just...y'know, let them sleep?"

Mabel rolled her eyes, smiling and picking up the sweaters. "That wasn't a question. Now hurry up, deer-boy!" She teased, trotting out the attic door.

Mabel trotted into the living room sweaters in hand, smiling as she stared at her two uncles. Stan slung over his yellow chair and Ford curled up in a ball, shirt still off and tail moving slowly. She grinned. Aww, they're so cute! "TIME TO WAKE UP!"

Stan's eyes shot open, and he jerked up, wings open and teeth bared. "WHO'S--" he stopped, wings closing. "Mabel?" Stan looked around. "What--what time is it?" The gargoyle asked, scratching behind his ear.

The half-unicorn grinned. "7:30!" Stan groaned in distress.

"Kid, that's way too early." He huffed, herding her away. "Go back to bed."

Mabel frowned, resisting her uncles push. "I made something for us!" She straightened. "We just gotta wait for Dipper to come downstairs."

Stan chuckled. "That could take a while."

A few thumps were heard before a very unsure sounding: "I'M OKAY!" And then a few more thumps. The gargoyle grimaced, walking into the hallway to help the boy. Mabel sighed, trotting beside the yellow chair and sitting down. She stared at the television, her mind blank. Things had been getting back to...somewhat normal, albeit the weird quirks that they were beginning to become accustomed to. She huffed, placing a hand on her horn. It felt...weird, to say the least. Not anything that might feel like a material on a human. And it also glowed. So that was weird too.

"Ugh..." grumbled a voice on the other side of the room, presumably Ford's. The sphinx's wings had spread tightly, and he was on his hands and knees, back arched like a cat's. A crack sounded and Ford sighed, sitting up and rubbing his eyes before picking his glasses up off of the floor and carefully placing them on his face. He blinked a few times, before shaking his head as if to say: 'never mind.' The old man cocked a brow as he looked around the room. "Did I fall asleep?" He mumbled, before noticing the half-unicorn beside the chair. "Mabel?" Ford chuckled, looking down and shaking his head. "Sorry you had to see that. Weird, I know."