18: Growling At Government Agents

Stan walked onto the porch, pounding on the front door. "Who's there?" A voice from inside yelled, sounding particularly defensive. "I--I have claws, canines and a gun from Dimension 52!"

The gargoyle rolled his eyes. "Relax, poindexter. It's just me and the kids."

"And Bill!" The demon added, walking up beside the man and resting his arm on Stan's shoulder.

Stan pushed Bill's arm off of him, hearing his brother growl softly from inside. "How do I know it's you?"

The gargoyle crossed his arms, rolling his eyes. "Do you want me to say one of your embarrassing childhood stories in front of the kids?"

A soft click sounded as Ford unlocked the door, pulling it open, relieved to see his brother standing there instead of some sort of government agent. "Stanley, you--"

Mabel ducked under Stanley's wings, coming face-to-face with the sphinx in the doorway. "We found a cure!" The half-unicorn exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air.

Dipper trotted around Stan's wings. "Not...exactly."

Ford's eyes were wide, and he stepped out of the way as if to usher them in, gesturing for the action with his paw. "Get inside. Then we'll talk."

"You did what?"

"Stanley, really, it's not that serious--"

"You growled at government agents?" Stan exclaimed, his eyes illuminating most of his face.

Ford laughed awkwardly. "A-actually, I roared at them."

"Like yelling? Please say you mean yelling."

"Lion roar, Stan." He stammered , scratching the back of his neck.

The gargoyle's eyes went wide, his wings going limp. He fell back onto his yellow chair, wincing when he sat right on his tail. "A lion roar." He moaned. "Why did you even open the door, poindexter?"

"They clearly stated that they would blast the door down if I didn't answer," Ford explained, his wings tense with nerves. "What the hell was I supposed to do!" He sighed. "It was the best choice at that very second."

Stan huffed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Great. Not only am I a terrifying monster, I now have two government agents right on my tail!" He chuckled slightly. "That could'a been quite literal."

Stanford sighed, feeling his lion-like tail twitch slightly. He shuddered. Ugh. He'd been noticing that happening quite a few times lately. Although, it could have been happening before and he was just too riled up to notice it.

Stan chuckled even more. "Look at your cute little tail." He looked up at his twin, a smile on his face. "Purring, fluff, a fuzzy tail--looks like you got all the cute stuff, Sixer."

Ford blushed, feeling heat rush up into his face. "Uh--uhm--" he reached up to pull his coat off of Stan's coat hanger, throwing it on and draping it over his tail, still feeling the strange sensation of the limb moving around. The sphinx's expression hardened. "Cure, 'Ley. We need to talk about the cure." The kids had gone to bed, and thankfully Bill had as well (the rather...energetic demon had begun to annoy both of the old men) leaving the two of them to talk alone. "And it's not fluff. It's fur."

Stanley raised a brow. "'Ley, eh?" He frowned. "You haven't called me that in years."

Ford growled softly. "Focus, Stan!" He ordered, crawling closer to his brother. "If you want me to change us back you need to tell me the cure."