8: Riddle Me This

Dipper squirmed, feeling breathing on his neck. Slowly, he groggily opened his eyes, catching sight of a smiling face. Dipper didn't have much time to think about it, before the face said a quiet:

"Boo."

And then the cervitaur lost his wits. He made a loud, deerlike bleat and sprang up from his bed. After he calmed down, all he could hear was the nasally chortling from a rather--familiar voice. He looked up at the man. "Bill?" He asked, shocked.

Bill smiled, still chuckling. "Glad ya' recognized me, Pine Tree!" He adjusted his position, putting his arms out as if to show Dipper his new body. "You like my fleshsack?"

Dipper shuddered, remembering all the times the demon had nearly killed him. "Stay away from me!" He yelled, his ears straight up.

Bill rolled his eyes. "Oooh. Oh no! A deer kid who can barely walk is threatening me!" He said sarcastically, walking closer to the cervitaur and booping him on the nose. "Cute." The demon backed up, sitting on Dipper's bed. He never made too much of a big deal about it, but sitting felt good. Definitely a lot less painful then standing. And a whole lot less painful then walking. Dipper looked nervous, staring into Bill's eyes. The ex-demon huffed. "Oh right. Geez, relax. Your uncle let me stay."

"Grunkle Stan?"

Bill nodded, grinning widely. "Yep, Stan. Stanford, if you will."

Dipper's eyes widened. "Wait. Grunkle Ford let you stay here? Like, the guy who you basically traumatized? The guy with the metal plate installed in his head to keep you out?"

"Well, not exactly stay, but--" Bill nodded again. "That's the one!" He looked at his hands. "Who I should probably getting back to, so if you don't mind me--"

"Wait, what do you mean by--" the demon shot him a look. "Bill?"

Bill paused, just about to stand up. "What."

"Why are you a--"

Bill noticeably winced, making Dipper pause. "Listen, kid, I have to go," the demon said sharply, dashing out of the room.

Dipper furrowed his brows. That was weird, he thought. All I asked him was why he was a human. He thought. In fact, I didn't even finish my sentence! He looked over at Mabel.

How did she sleep through that?

  Ford had ran up the stairs on all fours, accepting that as the most comfortable way of movement. He was at his brother's door, and he faintly knocked, hoping that 'Ley was awake to answer. After standing there for a few minutes, he opened the door. "Stanley?" He questioned, crawling in. Stan was lying on the bed, his large wings and lizard-like tail draping off. Ford sighed. It wasn't like he wanted to wake his brother up. He just needed someone to talk to. Other then Bill. Who was beginning to get extremely annoying.

Slowly, he walked over, running a paw over Stanley's grey, rocky wings, consciously avoiding the sharp points at the tips. Weird, he thought. Of all the things he'd ever seen in Gravity Falls and in the other dimension, this was the strangest. His brother was a... a gargoyle. He shuddered. Weird. Very weird. He pulled his hand up. Paw. Furry, paw-like hand with talons. Stanford groaned, running a paw through his greying hair. How had he gotten himself into this? He kneeled down at the edge of Stan's bed. This was all his fault. His whole family was a monster, and it was all his fault. Ford moaned, squeezing his eyes shut. It was his fault that Stan didn't know what the water did. It was his fault that he wasn't able to warn them because of a petty fight that he had picked. It was his fault that he now had a gargoyle for a brother and a cervitaur for a nephew.